Supports and coordinates operational engineering projects from initiation through to completion. Supports project planning, staffing, progress reporting, people management and troubleshooting for engineering projects. Ensures project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Understand and drive regulatory and compliance certifications as appropriate (eg. regulatory requirements surrounding ISO9000, ISO14000, AS9100, TUV).
· Drive continuous improvement and optimization utilizing proactive methodologies and trend analysis.
· Assesses the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by the teams.
· Assists in the preparation, monitoring and evaluation of equipment set-ups, manufacturing layout, and process changes and/or corrective actions.
· Supports the communication of Jabil’s manufacturing capabilities and those of the Engineering group; identify and suggest solutions for any immediate need or enhancement in a timely manner.
· Provide support for the quoting activities by participation in initial process design, development, and implementation phases.
· Provide ongoing direction and training on process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving.
· Evaluate and provide input to inspection processes via inspection aids and instruction guidelines.
· Review supplies, internal, and customer discrepancies, coordinate and track the effectiveness of corrective/proactive action efforts.
· Conduct periodic review and maintenance of all documentation files; develop appropriate systems for document storage and access.
· Support the drive for proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
· Interface and provide technical support on quality issues with the customer as needed.
· Assist Design Engineers with Design for Manufacture issues.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in class.”
· Knowledge of Jabil operating policies and procedures required
· Knowledge and experience of engineering in manufacturing environment
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline preferred.
· 2-4 years work-related experience required in engineering or project management or related discipline.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.