Under limited supervision designs, develops and maintains test procedures, tester hardware and software for electronic circuit board production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Review circuit board designs for testability requirements.
· Support manufacturing with failure analysis, tester debugging, reduction of intermittent failures and downtime of test equipment.
· Prepare recommendations for testing and documentation of procedures to be used from the product design phase through to initial production.
· Generate reports and analysis of test data, prepares documentation and recommendations.
· Review test equipment designs, data and RMA issues with customers regularly.
· Design, and direct engineering and technical personnel in fabrication of testing and test control apparatus and equipment.
· Direct and coordinate engineering activities concerned with development, procurement, installation, and calibration of instruments, equipment, and control devices required to test, record, and reduce test data.
· Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted and sequences and phases of test operations.
· Direct and exercise control over operational, functional, and performance phases of tests.
· Perform moderately complex assignments of the engineering test function for standard and/or custom devices.
· Analyze and interpret test data and prepares technical reports for use by test engineering and management personnel.
· Develop or use computer software and hardware to conduct tests on machinery and equipment.
· Perform semi-routine technique development and maintenance, subject to established Jabil standards, including ISO and QS development standards.
· May provide training in new procedures to production testing staff.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelors of Science in Electronics or Electrical Engineering from four-year college or university preferred; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.