Implements new processes including new material development and analysis. Writes and edits work instructions for operating new processes. Ensures new product research and development results are in line with company goals and meets customer needs. Will conduct initial trial runs and scale up runs on production equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Follows program schedule to develop new materials for additive manufacturing applications.
· Defines best parameters for production to ensure quality of product is stable.
· Assists in writing accurate production documentation for SOP.
· Develops parameter file, and improves operating practices.
· Collects, analyzes and summarizes yield rate of equipment and related experimental data to ensure production equipment runs efficiently and effectively.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Proficient knowledge of material science, materials development and chemistry.
· Familiar with the production of devices and/or equipment.
· Skilled in various analysis, equipment operation, and results analysis.
· Ability to operate material processing equipment and analyze testing results.
. Preference to candidates with a background in polymer science or similar field.
. Some experience in additive manufacturing is preferred.
. BS (or pursuing) in Materials Science, Polymer Chemistry, Chemical Engineer or other similar field
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Materials Engineering, Polymer Science, or closely related field.
· A minimum of 1 year relevant experience in chemical analysis.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.