Senior Planning/Purchasing Manager is the department head of the planning/purchasing function in a mega site, multiple sites, or region. The role is responsible of the continuous improvement of planning/purchasing function to achieve the world class delivery performance with optimized inventory.
Senior Planning/Purchasing Manager needs to build up and manage the planning/purchasing organization with required capabilities. The job also requires a thorough understanding of the dynamics of- business needs and leverage solutions to provide best in class service to customer and support Jabil growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Aligning with operational senior management on the key objectives to focus
- Develop short term and long-term improvement work plan including cost, efficiency and quality to align with operation strategy
- Effectively communicate company strategy and collaborate with team members to prioritize continuous improvement project
- Size and budget appropriate planning/purchasing team resources and define scope of responsibilities of the team to support current and future needs of the operation development
- Establish selection and hiring process to staff the planning/purchasing team with right talent.
- Structure the planning/purchasing team through proper tasks allocation and establish collaboration processes among SMEs and functional stakeholders
- Perform skill assessment to Planning/purchasing team and gap analysis
- Deliver required training to make sure Planning/purchasing team obtain required knowledge and skills to carry out the work
- SMART goal setting with team members and regular performance review
- Provide regular feedback and guidance to team members to help them discover how to deliver continuous improvement result through enhanced behavior
- Work with cross functional team members to develop solutions of continuous improvement project, update procedure documentation
- Monitor and report the improvement project progress with tangible and intangible benefit on regular basis.
- Act as a change agent to closely monitor the transformation process and manage the activities through multiple sections or departments
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Functional Manager in area of support (e.g. Materials Manager, or Operations Manager or Operations Director.
- Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management). Job title example(s) of employees directly supervised: Purchasing Manager, Workcell Purchasing Manager, Assistant Purchasing Manager, Purchasing Supervisor
- Ability to form and lead strong multi-functional teams to achieve company and customer (internal or external) objectives
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and able to do conflict management
- Advanced PC skills including knowledge of Jabil's software packages
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization, strong communication skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
- Proficient Verbal and Written English Skill
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Typically requires a minimum 12 years of related functional hands on experience with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Certification in specific functions preferred, such as APCIS Certification, etc.
- Certification in system preferred such as SAP or Kinaxis
- PMP Certification Preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Preferred
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.