The IT Leadership Development Program offers many opportunities for exposure to build experience while making meaningful
contribution within each role assignment. Incumbents will lead robust projects, participate in leadership and professional skill
development, and rotate through various assignments within a Functional discipline.
As part of each rotation, there will be a set of day-to-day functional activities associated with the assignment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Excel in project assignments, actively contribute in cohort activities, transition through multiple rotation assignments,
build business acumen and build collaborative partnerships.
· Lead and manage projects with discipline and rigor. Able to effectively plan and execute required tasks, budget, engage
appropriate resources to meet key milestones and deliverables established for the project. Ability to apply appropriate project
management methodologies based on the scope of the project.
· Participate in the design and implementation of processes for his/her area of responsibility, related tools and/or methodology to
ensure cost efficiencies, timely and effective services that support the business strategy.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify problems or opportunities & implement practices and/or processes
that address the problem while enhancing efficiency and value.
· Work collaboratively across required disciplines/groups/department to achieve shared objectives.
· Define, research, develop and test new processes or practices within assigned function.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service: anticipate, meet/exceed expectations, solve problems quickly and effectively.
· Involvement in vendor relations/management that can include vendor research, identification, selection or negotiation.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure with changing priorities and deadlines.
· Maintain concise process documentation.
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to proprietary information.
· Ensure completion and smooth transition of responsibilities between rotational assignments.
· Complete specific projects assigned by the Project or Department Manager. Flexible work schedule given potential deadlines
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy or consider security requirements in project planning.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include:
· Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance
Industries We Serve
- Capital Equipment
- Computing & Storage
- Defense & Aerospace
- Energy, Industrial & Building
- Packaged Goods
- 3D Printing
- Smart Home
- Transportation & Heavy Equipment
Information Technology Leadership Development Program (IT LDP)
Jabil IT works with Jabil business units to deliver world-class solutions that solve business problems, while driving the adoption of innovative and future technologies. Jabil IT strives to adapt to customer needs, while providing continuous improvement to existing processes and maintaining responsible cost management practices.
The Jabil IT Leadership Development Program offers a broad knowledge of manufacturing and IT to set the foundation for a career in leadership. This three-year rotational program offers multi-cultural immersion, visibility to senior leaders, and targeted leadership competency trainings. Objectives of the program include:
Laying the Foundation/Leading Self
- Project Management Skills
- Six Sigma Bronze Certification
- Student to Professional Transition
- Assimilation into the business environment
- Communication & Presentation Skills
- Manufacturing site Exposure
Global Leadership /Leading Projects
- Cultural Immersion & Assimilation
- Participation in Strategic Planning
- Service Delivery Practices
- Procurement & Negotiation Process
Management in Action/Leading Others
- Financial Planning & Management
- Performance Management
- C-suite Executive Level Proposal/Briefing
What you can expect from the IT Leadership Development Program
- Participation in real-world Jabil IT projects and exploring new technologies
- Working closely with global teams and initiatives
- Opportunities to build a professional network
- Personal development and skill-building workshops
- Enhanced public speaking and presentation skills
- Visibility to Jabil senior leadership, including assigned mentor for program duration
- Social engagement and networking opportunities with other Jabil interns
- Giving back to the community and volunteering through Jabil Cares
- Offer new perspectives to analyze and streamline Jabil IT processes
- Owning your personal development
- Participate in regular feedback assessments and sessions
- Discover ideas and build desired skills through training and research
- Develop and lead solutions for use across Jabil
- Assist in the prompt resolution of IT issues
- Learn to adapt when faced with change, take initiative to succeed
- Build meaningful relationships with other IT professionals
- Show resilience and treat failure as a learning experience
“ I truly believe I'm a better person because of this experience… I finally understood what was meant by ‘IT enabling operations’. To be at the forefront of Jabil's business, to see it in action and truly understand the needs, constraints, and gaps gives me the perspective of how my work in IT impacts the greater Jabil mission.”
- Meredith, Year 3
“The support from mentors and rotations are great. I never feel like I have a question. The experience of getting multiple areas of expertise is extremely valuable.”
- Daniel, Year 1
“ Being able to touch on different areas throughout the 3 years in the program has helped me find out a lot of my likes/dislikes and my strengths/weaknesses. This is the biggest win for me throughout the program because it helps me find an area of interest to help me see where I can land myself in 3 years time, which I believe I have found something I like and am comfortable doing for the next few years in my career.”
- Sin Yong, Year 3
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred.
- Strong academic performance (3.2 or higher cumulative GPA required)
- 1 year of internship experience in a related discipline
- Applicants for this position must have work authorization in US that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa by the employee
- Preferred majors include:
- Business Analytics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Self-motivated learner with a drive to expand skillset
- Detail-oriented and result-driven
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.