ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Jabil Healthcare offers customers the widest array of design and manufacturing capabilities in the medical devices industry. With more than 40 years of experience, our highly specialized teams meet the complex and regulated demands of the diagnostics, medical devices and pharmaceutical markets enabling the world's leading brands to fulfill their market potential. Jabil Healthcare’s customer focused services range from ideation to device development support, engineering, supply chain optimization, vertical plastics and electronics to device assembly operations, all at our purpose-built facilities that support stringent healthcare requirements and protect our customers’ intellectual property.
Seeking highly motivated and driven individual to manage plastics injection molding projects from Request For Quotation (RFQ) through Production Qualification (PQ) complete. Startup, shutdown, and troubleshoot injection molding machines. Organizes project planning, progress reporting, work cell setup, and troubleshooting for engineering projects. Ensures project results meet customer requirements, technical quality, reliability, schedule, and cost.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Startup, shutdown, and troubleshoot injection molding machines for validation testing.
· Perform work cell setup of injection molding machine and auxiliary equipment.
· Providing validation test schedules and commitments to engineering team.
· Purchasing of resins and auxiliary equipment.
· Working effectively and efficiently within a multi-disciplinary team.
· Drive continuous improvement and optimization utilizing proactive methodologies and trend analysis
· Participates in project meetings and makes recommendations for improvement.
· During process development the candidate will prepare, monitor and evaluate equipment set-ups and process changes and/or corrective actions.
· Assesses and communicates Jabil’s manufacturing capabilities and those of the Engineering group; identify and suggest solutions for any immediate need or enhancement in a timely manner.
· Interface and provide technical support on quality issues with the customer as needed.
· Assist Tooling Engineers with Design for Manufacture issues.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in class.”
· Understand and drive regulatory and compliance certifications as appropriate (eg. regulatory requirements surrounding ISO9000, ISO14000, AS9100, TUV).
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
· Knowledge and experience of engineering in medical device manufacturing environment (injection molding preferred).
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
· RJG Master Molder training (preferred)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
· 0-5 years work-related experience
· 10 years of plastics injection molding experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.