Directs the activities of the Machine Support group. Responsible for maintaining production schedules and ensuring that quality standards are adhered to by the group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees the maintenance management program including repair parts, preventative maintenance, feeder maintenance, and the support equipment maintenance program
- Plans the activities of the technical staff
- Develops and maintains all department reports/records
- Supervises the planning and execution of line moves and builds
- Schedules equipment vendors for installation, repair and updates of equipment
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Lead by example; “walk the talk.”
- Utilize Jabil’s Advanced Engineering group to ensure useful support to Jabil South.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply with all procedures within the company security policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred
- At least three (3) years experience in maintenance management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of Surface Mount Technologies (SMT) and Thru-hole equipment/gear, process optimization, Statistical Process Control, Design for Manufacturability, Design for Test, Demand Flow Technology (line balancing), and Design of Experiment methodologies.
- Knowledge of engineering disciplines including chemistry, mechanical, electrical, and industrial as it pertains to surface mount and final assembly.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.