A Sr. Engineer will have a defined area of expertise either in a particular competency or industry. They will have mastered technology specific to their area of competence. Will be able to convey technical solutions to other engineers and to business personnel. Will have a good understanding of multiple CAD packages and cross functional design implications. Capable of being the lead engineer involved in a cross functional team. They will be able to drive cross functional project teams in solving technical problems and overcoming hurdles that may affect project timelines. Will have previous experience of releasing a product into a manufacturing production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Meet the requirements of Design Engineer III
· Would be considered a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in their field of competency.
· Will represent Jabil Design Services in technical customer discussions / meetings.
· Work with Project Managers and Lead Design Engineer in the quoting process
· Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules.
· Is expected to support the development and utilization of processes for design/VAVE.
· At the appropriate process phase gates, provide a complete design package to be entered into our PDM system consisting of requirements and design documentation, databases, BOM’s, etc. /provide complete VAVE proposal to be submitted to the customer consisting of detailed proposals, models/simulations/schematics, BOM’s etc.
· Participate in all elements of design/VAVE engineering including design reviews and design verification, supply chain & supplier interaction, transfer to design/manufacturing.
· Mentoring design engineers I,II & III, technicians and ECAD designers
· Provide onsite technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
· Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelors degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
· Minimum of 7-8 years of related experience and/or training
· Minimum of 2 years experience as a Design Engineer III
· Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Job Responsibilities: 1.2D/3D图面评估/问题点及建议反馈,以及图面ECN报告汇总 2.制程评估展开及与客户检讨/产品组装基准（DFM） 3.零件装配公差分析，评估合理制程管控公差，内控管控2D图面制作和发行; 4.设计制程及产品加工流程制定/检讨/发行（制程3D/2D及flow chart文件制作） 5.签立各制程结构样品，首件尺寸及ORT异常处理 6.针对制程gating项目和重大客诉问题点,设计DOE方案,展开FACA验证 7.装配零件/原材料开发（样品承认及异常处理） 8.新的组装工艺的评估 Job Requirement: 1.本科及以上学历，机械专业，英语口语熟练优先； 2.5年以上3C产品组装经验，拥有Iphone产品组装经验优先; 3.熟练使用UG设计软件，Minitab数据分析软件; 4.熟悉自动化/点胶/镭焊/镭雕等相关工艺,了解镭焊设备性能(如:Hans/HG),胶水性能(如:Loctite 8540/3128/6010) 5.拥有扎实的机械理论知识,较强的逻辑分析能力和数据汇总能力
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.