Develops, manages and implements relevant manufacturing solutions ensuring that Jabil production is meeting cost, quality and throughput requirements. Understands and masters technologies specific to area of competence, specifically liquid and dry reagent handling and filling. Develops new or modified process formulations, defines processing or handling equipment requirements and specifications, and reviews processing techniques and methods applied in the manufacture, fabrication, and evaluation of products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- At any stage from prototype concept to pilot manufacturing, provides technical direction for manufacturing product design and manufacturing in the following areas of expertise (e.g., dry and liquid handling and filling, plastic welding and bonding, and heat sealing).
- Coordinates design requirements and reviews with appropriate engineering/scientific personnel to ensure compatibility of processing methods.
- Compiles and evaluates test data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process or material specifications. Resolves manufacturing problems and provides procedures and processes for manufacturing facilities.
- Conceives and plans projects involving definition and selection of new concepts, filling and assembly technology, and approaches in the processing or development of new or improved processes.
- Conveys technical solutions for areas of competence both to other engineers and to business personnel. Works with engineering team(s) to develop final product solution for chosen architecture within time and cost constraints.
- Provides training for engineers and inspectors.
- Ensures that the most cost effective manufacturing processes and procedures are used.
- Reviews and approves equipment purchases (in accordance with capital plans) to ensure they are technically suitable for the purpose intended and consistent with production plans and needs.
- Develops new manufacturing practices as needed to ensure that manufacturing costs, technique and quality are kept current with external industrial practices.
- Prepares long-range equipment needs budget for capital plan, ensuring Jabil is in the fore-front of manufacturing technologies.
- Reviews cost and qualities of development and manufacturing processes and recommends improvements in processes and techniques.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Engineering Managers/Directors
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Demonstrated manufacturing process development ability on different types of materials and processes
- Desire and ability to work in both an office and workshop environment by combining formal education with hands-on work in the shop
- Strong knowledge and background in nondestructive testing and American Society Mechanical Engineers (ASME) code requirements
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) or equivalent, and email skills required
- Recognized as a professional in the trade for area of expertise
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in BioMedical/Biochemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering required
- Minimum five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess expert level skill in the following areas: Reagent compound storage, handling and filling.
- Familiarity with all applicable standards and requirments preferred (e.g., ISO, ACS, FDA)
- Defining equipment and fixture requirements
- Authoring procedures and work instructions
- Manufacturing process development and validation
- Responsible for training and knowledge transfer
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.