The Engineering Services Manager provides optimum advanced technology solutions and strategies through the effective management of people, systems, procedures and equipment. This role drives innovation and continuous improvement within Advanced Manufacturing Technology (ATM) by harnessing new technologies in the areas of systems, equipment, and processes while providing exceptional support to external and internal customers, team members, and shareholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions..
· Develop an understanding of the Workcell business strategy as it pertains to Engineering Services.
· Provide regular updates to BUM and Director Engineering Services on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers, BUMs and Director Engineering Services on cost and cost trends.
· Manage creation and submission of project proposals and quotations.
· Forecast Development and Accuracy:
· Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides direction on design and development activities to improve, modify or design new equipment products and processes.
· Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
· Selects, develops, trains and supervises staff. Establish individual goals and training plans.
· Develops, determines and implements policies, procedures and programs.
· Analyzes technology trends, human resources needs and market demand to plan projects.
· Confers with management and production staff to determine engineering feasibility and cost effectiveness.
· Selects correct design concept and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement of existing ones.
· Design and develop new components or redesign existing components to improve company products.
· Determines and establishes specifications through engineering calculations and layouts.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
· Demonstrated high performance orientation, detail orientation, market knowledge and sound judgment
· Demonstrated ability to build and leverage partnerships, implement change and manage projects.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages in an integrated system such as SAP
Engineering Services Manager
Reporting to the Director of Medical Operations Engineering, this position consists of working with various site engineering teams to manage the launch of new technologies and complex applications, production process development, trouble-shooting and improvement activities.
As a Principal Engineer you will have developed industry recognized technical expertise in complex PCBA and High-Level assembly technologies that allows you to provide technical direction and leadership in optimizing manufacturing solutions for new product designs. You will be expected to demonstrate a level of expertise in DFM/DFA that matches or exceeds the expertise of our customers highest-level engineering staff. You will consult on product design solutions, assess technical requirements and competencies needed during quoting, and oversee design progressions during product developments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supports multiple DFM/A and product optimization projects on significantly challenging and unique product applications
· Delivers solutions that require deep knowledge across multiple technical competencies:
- Automated soldering (Robotic, Laser, Hotbar, solder jetting, paste dispensing)
- Flex/Rigid PCBA Design,
- Materials – solders, fluxes, adhesives
- Plastics joining
- Machine selection and automation solutions
· Provides leadership in Design for Manufacturing/Assembly analysis and clarifies design requirements to optimize the product for production and de-risk the manufacturing challenges.
· Coordinates with other internal SME’s and thought leaders to solve technical issues. Understands how to effectively utilize Failure analysis techniques to help solve problems
· Contributes to the development of User Requirement Specifications (URS) for the development of custom equipment solutions
· Leverages lessons-learned to improve documentation and training
· Contributes to shaping a positive, effective, and collaborative team cultures
· Communicates technical aspects of a project effectively to internal and external customers
· Leads design and manufacturing innovations and potential patentable solutions
· Leads resolution of complex DFM/A issues and manages design trade-offs, inclusive of business and program considerations
· Influences and contributes to the professional development of less experienced engineers
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Mechanical Engineering Degree (BSME/MSME/PhD or equivalent experience)
· 15+ years of experience with electronics manufacturing design, development and production
· Medical Device manufacturing. GMP and Validation protocols
· Catheter assembly
· Camera module manufacturing
· Sub 40awg wire assembly
· Research and development / laboratory experience
· Design of Experiments (DOE) and Lean Six Sigma
· PCB and PCBA failure analysis. Metallurgy and Cleanliness
· Factory of the Future concepts, planning and deployment
· Low Pressure molding
· Mandarin speaking
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.