Confer with supervisor on unusual matters, responsible for design and development of communication equipment mechanical
designing. This includes Shelf level designing, PCB level mounting and heat sinking, and material and component selection for
plastic and metal designs. Structural and thermal analysis are also preferred skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Work with manager and/or Program Manager to provide information that will aid in the initial quoting process.
· Develop mechanical design in ProEngineer CAD package. Incorporates the following in typical products: sheet metal, metal
castings, plastics injection molding, advanced surfacing techniques, considerations for cost, DFM, DFA.
· Work directly with Supply Chain Management to manage vendor relationships, including vendor RFQ’s, First Article
Inspections, total quality of output,
· Interface as required directly with customers. Able to travel to customer sites for design reviews and technical interaction.
· Provide Document Control with a complete design package consisting of schematics, BOM’s, vendor lists, and conceptual
packaging and assembly drawings prior to production launch.
· Work concurrently with Jabil CAD Services, Business Unit Management, Manufacturing, Test, Purchasing, and Quality
departments through the design phase of a program.
· Work to provide a design that not only meets the customer’s criteria, but is also of high quality, cost effective, and
· Oversee assembly and test of engineering prototypes.
· Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
· Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include:
· Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Firm grasp of engineering concepts, and experience designing telecom or computer system
· Experience using CAD software Pro/E
· Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
· Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English
· Must be self-motivated and a great team worker
NON-TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Influence others and share best practices
· Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
· Work as part of a global team
· Lead others in some aspects of technical tasks
· Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones. · Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ) · Mentor less experienced engineers. · Participates in cross-functional design reviews and can lead some aspects of ME design reviews.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from four-year college or university; and 5 to 10 years related experience and/or
training with advanced ProEngineer CAD skills required.
· Knowledge in one of the following areas is preferred: Thermal Analysis;
· Master’s degree in engineering preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.