Implement, communicate, and maintain a risk assurance program designed to identify and mitigate risk, and to protect the people, assets, and cash flow of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist in managing Jabil’s Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance program, which could include entity-level controls, IT general controls, IT application controls, anti-fraud programs, and/or plant and corporate level controls.
· Enhance auditing skills and develop an external focus by subscribing to updates and keeping up to date with guidance from oversight boards such as the PCAOB, professional organizations, market trends, and current or newly enacted legislation.
· Consult with internal customers regarding leading practices in addressing the PCAOB’s AS 5 guidance.
· Manage third party co-sourcing relationships to ensure high quality and consistent deliverables while managing costs.
· Liaise with Jabil’s external auditors regarding scheduling, resource allocation, cost analysis, and issues.
· Assist in the development of ongoing risk assessments utilizing appropriate frameworks (e.g., CobIT, COSO) and leading risk assessment practices.
· Assist in developing the risk-based audit plan and individual project scoping.
· Manage all aspects of planning, scoping, staffing, and executing audit projects, and reporting the related results to senior management and the audit committee.
· Manage administrative tasks in TeamMate to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner and comply with the highest level of quality assurance standards.
· Design and/or review audit programs prepared by the audit team.
· Ensure issues are properly identified, audit recommendations are practical and add value, the client concurs with findings, and the execution of management action plans is monitored.
· Ensure audit reports comply with departmental requirements and quality standards and clearly communicate observations and recommendations.
· Assist with compiling the quarterly Audit Committee reports.
· Train and educate functional management in business risk concepts and offer suggestion to help address such risks.
· Recommend and provide guidance and oversight in the implementation of company-wide continuous monitoring tools.
· Maintain active relationships with CPA, CA, ACCA, ISACA, IIA and local chapter professional organizations and universities
· Facilitate knowledge transfer regarding emerging issues, technologies, and areas of interest.
· Maintain CPEs, training requirements, and be a leading expert in enterprise risk assessment and management.
· Aspire to develop the department’s people and methodologies into a world-class Risk & Assurance services function.
· Conduct special projects at the request of management, the Audit Committee and/or the Board of Directors.
· Demonstrate creative insight into strategic issues and opportunities that open up new possibilities for the business.
· Address conflict directly and constructively, focusing on issues rather than people or departmental bias.
· Provide appropriate development, training, guidance, and management around planning, fieldwork, wrap-up, and reporting.
· Effectively manage the execution of the audit plan, compliance with Risk & Assurance and professional standards, and delivery of high quality audit reports and management recommendations while supervising multiple teams on a regional basis.
· Monitor status of current engagements and identify if resources are being utilized to their maximum capacity and deployed to manage the highest risk exposure.
· Examine current manual processes and identify ways to automate them to gain audit efficiencies and perform detailed and robust audits.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all company policies and procedures including the security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Full understanding of internal audit standards to allow development of overall audit strategy.
· Excellent knowledge of risk management approaches to allow for adequate development of a risk based audit plan.
· Understanding of management principles to recognize and evaluate the significance of deviations from good business practices.
· Excellent grasp of accounting principles or IT applications and a basic grasp or appreciation of economics, commercial law, taxation and finance to be able to recognize problems or potential problems.
· Proficiency with SAP, related AIS sub tools, and the Microsoft Office and Teammate suite of products.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXAMPLE BEHAVIOR(S)
· DELEGATE: Able to clearly assign responsibility and authority for tasks to appropriately selected individuals or teams; Able to remove obstacles to administration and / or execution. Able to allow for and contribute needed resources
· FOLLOW-UP: Able to monitor and evaluates progress of assignments/projects
· HIRE TALENTED STAFF: Able to recruit and hire the best people available (from inside or outside Jabil) for permanent or temporary assignments; Able to use valid and effective selection procedures; Able to build a strong team with complementary strengths; Able to facilitate staff continuity
· ORGANIZE: Able to assemble appropriate resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; Able to manage multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish goals; Able to schedule and coordinate work of others; Able to establish efficient work procedures to meet objectives; Able to form the right structures and teams to enhance productivity
· PLAN: Able to develop short- and long-term operational and / or financial plans that are appropriately comprehensive, realistic, and effective in achieving goals; Able to anticipate obstacles and define alternate strategies; Able to integrate planning efforts across work units
· SPEAK COMPETENTLY: Able to speak clearly and concisely; Able to use appropriate vocabulary for the audience; Able to get point across unambiguously and check for understanding
· WRITE PROFICIENTLY: Able to convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents; Able to write in a well-organized and concise, yet complete, format; Able to use vocabulary appropriate for the audience; Able to constructively review and edit the written work of others
· RESOLVE CONFLICTS: Able to bring conflict into the open and use it productively to enhance the quality of decisions; Able to arrive at constructive solutions while maintaining positive working relationships with those who disagree; Able to help others resolve disputes and reach agreement
· BUILD EFFECTIVE TEAMS: Able to promote team cohesiveness, cooperation and effectiveness; Able to actively seek the ideas and help of others, and contribute own ideas and actions to achieve team goals; Able to consider feelings and needs of others when working together to meet common goals
· DEVELOP OTHERS: Able to provide a challenging and supportive climate that encourages development in the work team; Able to assess the strengths and development needs of staff; Able to actively seek and promote opportunities for the development of others; Able to take an active part in the training and ongoing development of direct reports
· EMPOWER OTHERS: Able to establish an environment where risk-taking, ideas and initiative are encouraged; Able to "push down" authority and responsibility, creating a sense of ownership of jobs or projects; Able to reinforce and coach, offering help without removing responsibility
· PROVIDE DIRECTION: Able to establish and communicate a common vision; Able to translate company strategy into team
goals and objectives; Able to set clear priorities; Able to clarify roles and responsibilities through individual performance plans; Able to make self available for questions
· TAKE A STAND: Able to step forward and address difficult issues; Able to do what is right and in the overall best interest of the work group and the company; Able to stand firm when necessary, even in the face of widespread opposition
· ACT WITH INTEGRITY: Able to demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles; Able to demonstrate honesty in all actions; Able to admit and correct mistakes promptly; Able to assume full responsibility and accountability for own actions
· TAKE INITIATIVE: Able to exhibit tendencies to be self-starting and not wait for signals
· PRESENT SKILLFULLY: Able to prepare and deliver clear, effective, and professional presentations
· FACILITATE GROUP DISCUSSIONS: Able to use effective communication methods and interpersonal behaviors to guide a group toward objectives; Able to help groups define objectives and strategy, stay on task, and reach consensus; Able to solicit participation, challenge ideas, and summarize accomplishments and planned actions
· NEGOTIATE: Able to apply effective questioning and listening techniques to determine each party's position; Able to look for common ground and build on areas of agreement to reach win-win outcomes; Able to ensure the agreed-upon alternatives have the support of all parties involved
· MANAGE CHANGE: Able to make a point to understand the change; Able to promote the benefits of change and develop systems and procedures to effectively implement change; Able to consider the business and human impact of change
· DELIVER QUALITY RESULTS: Able to deliver top quality service to all customers (internal and external); Able to ensure all details are covered and adhere to Jabil’s policies; Able to strive to do things right the first time; Able to meet agreed-upon commitments or advises customer when deadlines are jeopardized; Able to define high standards for quality and evaluate products, services, and own performance against those standards
· SOLVE PROBLEMS: Able to apply both rational and creative processes and approaches to identify root causes of problems and solutions
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
· Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other equivalent required.
· CPA, CA, ACCA, CISA, and/or CIA certifications required.
· Minimum of eight (8) years experience required auditing for a large corporation or an equivalent combination of education, training, or experience. Experience working with a global corporation preferred.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.