The Engineering Services SME PM in this role should have significant experience in the Semiconductor industry and ideally automated test equipment for component and system memory and storage solutions. The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of the manufacturing process to make subject automated test equipment and have experience working with/for an ATE OEM and working with/for manufacturing outsource providers to build the same equipment.
The Engineering Services SME PM is technically capable of developing, managing, and delivering medium to high complexity technology projects; this role partners with Business Units to appropriately define and deliver DoU, DSA, and development of the SOW, business proposals, project schedule/budgets and managing medium complex projects globally.
This role is also a technical liaison between the customer and Jabil manufacturing and plays a key role to facilitate transfer of products in a controlled and planned methodology from design to manufacturing facility. Also, as part of their responsibility manages the alignment of the assigned customer’s technology road map and Jabil’s technology road map.
The Engineering Services SME PM has an NPI emphasis working with the customer cross-functional project team and Jabil’s manufacturing workcell which includes, supply chain, engineering, procurement and materials in solving technical problems and overcoming hurdles that may affect new product launch timelines. The Engineering Services Manager has extensive experience of releasing a new product into a manufacturing production environment on time and on budget.
In addition, the Engineering Services SME PM will be able to convey technical solutions to other engineers inside and to business personnel and must have a good understanding of multiple CAD packages and cross functional design implications while capable of being the lead engineer involved in a cross-functional team.
The Engineering Services SME PM works with the production site team of engineers in facilitating prototyping, debugging and executing engineering efforts as assigned by the Business Unit, PMO, or Design Engineering Manager.
This may include focus on the manufacturing of several products at the Design Verification Stage (DVT). There are notable complexities in both the manufacturing and test processes due to the product densities, combination of mechanicals, electronics and fluidics, plus the functionality complexities of the chemistries and functional processes encountered in start-up and operation.
This role supports business development with current and/or future customers. Experience of semiconductor products, complex system and sub-assembly integrations using integrated components, both fabricated and commercial, in a high-mix low volume production environment is a plus.
Knowledge of fabrication, machining, sheet metal, manufacturing processes and equipment for capital equipment HLA manufacturing is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
- Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Works with local customer design and Jabil overseas engineers to prepare for build requirements
- Works with team to define and solution traceability requirements
- Works with production transfer Engineer/s to learn and prepare receiving site for DVT/PVT builds by documenting change requirements and future actions to aid in the transfer
- Supports trouble-shooting activities and data/knowledge collection/ management activities with Test
- Establish customer NPI and technical roadmap needs and facilitate and prepare Jabil NPI sites for success
- Know and understand the Capital Equipment strategic direction.
- Develop an understanding of the Workcell business strategy as it pertains to Engineering Services.
- Provide regular organized written updates to BUM, Business Unit Director and Director Engineering Services for the Sector on the execution of the strategy.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Utilize tools to monitor cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
- Provide feedback to peers, BUMs and Director Engineering Services on cost and cost trends.
- Manage creation and submission of project proposals, including SoW’s, and budgetary quotations.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direction to NPI team on customer design and development activities to enhance manufacturing readiness and launch success.
- Oversees key NPI projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Analyzes technology trends, human resources needs and market demand to plan projects.
- Confers with management and production staff to determine engineering feasibility and cost effectiveness.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.