The purpose of the job is to lead the design and execution of automation engineering projects in the area of expertise, e.g., mechanical, electrical, electronics, software application. The Lead Automation Design Engineer leads and oversees the work of a team of design engineers to ensure project requirements, specification, plan, design and installation are achieved. Position is responsible for design of automation equipment to ensure stipulated specification and requirements are met, and delivered within budget and on time. Position supports Senior Manager of Automation in design of automation equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Leads and oversees the work of a group of Automation Design Engineers.
· Reviews and approves design drawings, user manual and installation manual.
· Works closely with Project Manager/Engineer to meet project time line and budget.
· Leads the team in review, understanding and interpretation of requirements to ensure all specifications are integrated into the design of automation equipment.
· Leads design engineers in review of design and manufacturability of design.
· Ensures all engineering times are logged into JP2 and correspondent to the projects
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Expert knowledge in the mechanical/electronics/electrical/software application engineering.
· Expert knowledge in the EMS industries.
· Expert knowledge in automation design and installation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· B.Sc. in Mechanical or Electronics/Electrical Engineering
· Minimum 8-10 years of working experiences in automation equipment design and installation
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.