A Senior Web Developers/Systems Architect should have extensive experience in all phases of the web application development life cycle, as well as an excellent understanding of customer needs and business strategy. Candidates should have minimum of five years of experience in development of multi-platform, distributed applications and object-oriented programming. Sample code and web links to sample work will be requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with development teams to analyze existing infrastructure to aid in the development of better systems
- Provide advanced technical support to Jabil's Internal Development Team
- Provide support for projects during deployment and post implementation
- With limited supervision, prepare test plans and/or detailed technical specifications from which programs will be written, they may be highly complex.
- Write programs that interface with external systems and equipment.
- Develop/ maintain computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data and information.
- Write programs that involve multiple, complex screens, interfaces, tables and outputs.
- Write complex, optimized data extracts, updates and interfaces.
- Code basic front-end functionality.
- Participate in the roll out and on time delivery of developed components and updates.
- Maintain a working knowledge of advancing technologies. Identify applicable solutions and implement with existing networks when appropriate.
- Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area. Prepare and provide status updates of assigned project plans and schedules.
- Maintain positive relations with all employees encouraging them to suggest ways of improving systems. Recommend/conduct training.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly, use appropriate business style.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must be proficient and knowledgeable in all areas related to the department functions.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent external work experience or equivalent formal training in related duties. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Fluent English speaker.
Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of JAVA development. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision using PC monitor, and reading of a variety of materials.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area. Noise level in employee’s primary workstation is usually low to moderate.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.