Responsible for design and development of new Mechanical Design of mechanical systems and parts with some level of direction from Engineer III. Should be able to perform a variety of applicable hand analysis for problem solving. Should be familiar with our commonly used manufacturing processes and how to effectively design parts for them. This mainly involved in Jig & Fixture design for CNC machining processes, material handling equipment design and assembly process apparatus design, as well as process improvement with automation design. This includes structural and thermal analysis, and material and component selection for plastic and metal designs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Work with manager and/or TPM / PM to provide information that will aid in the initial quoting process.
• Provide Document control with a complete component or subassembly design package including drawings and database.
• Provide Document Control with a complete design package consisting of schematics, BOM’s, vendor lists.
• Work concurrently with Jabil CAD Services, Business Unit Management, Manufacturing, Test, Purchasing, and Quality departments through the design phase of a program. Work to provide a design that not only meets the customer’s criteria, but is also of high quality, manufacturability, and cost effective.
• Work with Design Manager and/or TPM / PM to provide Business Unit Management / Business Development with timely and accurate design quotations to aid in the quoting process.
• Help Business Unit Management / Business Development in the decision of the feasibility and technological merit of new opportunities.
• Support production discrepancies by incorporating fixes into subsequent revisions in a timely manner.
• Record all ideas, sketches, and pertinent conversations in Design Engineering approved Log Book or Design Notebook.
• Use SPC data collected in production in subsequent programs to ensure continuing improvement in designs.
• Be responsible for directing the Design Technicians on their assigned projects.
• Oversee assembly and test of engineering prototypes.
• Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
• Assigned to projects of moderate scope, where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
• Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Travel requirement: 25%; some international travel required.
• Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from four-year college or university; and four to six (4-6) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters Degree in Engineering preferred. Possess advanced skill in one of the following areas: Thermal Analysis; Optical Engineering; Finite Element Structural Analysis. Possess CAD skills (Preferably SolidWork).
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.