Responsible for coordinating, implementing, improving and verifying programs that support our environmental, health and safety systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Manage programs that support our environmental and safety goals; areas of responsibility could include accidents, emergency response, hazardous communications, radiation safety, industrial trucks, personal protective equipment, air pollution, water pollution, natural resource usage, hazardous waste, or other areas regulated by the United States Environmental Protection Agency or the United States Occupational Safety and Health Administration
· Develop and maintain programs to support regulatory requirements and Jabil goals, by
o Analyzes federal, state and local legal requirements and developing programs to support compliance
o Ensures persons involved in programs are competent and addresses issues to increase compliance and conformance with company expectations
o Documents programs by writing, revising and maintaining work instructions, procedures, visual aids
o Maintains records of program as required by law and internal procedures
o Determines effectiveness of programs through the collection and analysis of data; develops and implements corrective actions based upon analysis
o Prepares reports for submission to corporate or regulatory bodies
o Inspecting or auditing for compliance
· Interact with internal and external customers, including facilitating government inspections, and providing information to government inquiries
· Integrate all activities into the environmental, and health and safety management systems
· Develop solutions to environmental or safety concerns
· Serve as a subject matter technical resource to all levels of the organization in assigned area
· Support unassigned EHS programs as necessary
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
HS Diploma and three years experience. Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Sciences or a related field preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.