To be a technical focal point to monitor and work supplier quality issues directly with the manufacturer and communicate status on non-conforming parts/suppliers across all programs. Evaluate supplier performance, determine appropriate Inspection processes and provides guidance to Receiving Inspection function at the site level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as the focal person for commodity related quality and functional issues that stem from components being purchased for manufacturing.
- Ensure that all production critical supplier issues are resolved in a timely manner, and corrective actions are implemented correctly.
- Serve as the point of contact for Inspection Plans and Inspection Methods, and provide guidance to Receiving Inspection Auditors.
- Ensuring ongoing site supplier evaluation is performed. This would be achieved by using site information collected from Receiving Inspection, MRB, Customer Returns, SCAR database and by liaison efforts with customer work cells. Performance will be reported internally, to the supplier, and to the customer where applicable.
- Perform supplier audit interfacing with Corporate SQE if applicable.
- To provide documentation to perform Inspection of components per Inspection Plans in SAP.
- Monitor and drive PPM issues with the supply base in addition to helping them achieve “Dock to Stock” certified with Jabil (in accordance to the vendor performance system).
- Drive supplier selection strategies that will yield a supply base that can be used across all customer programs providing leverage cost savings.
- Proactively communicate information or issues that may impact the product costs of manufacturability to all affected departments.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor's degree required, bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred; and 2 to 4 years of experience in Quality or Manufacturing Engineering; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand walk regularly, and occasionally lift up to15 lbs. Be accessible to production floor and office staff and to use required office equipment. Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent each day on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
Supplier Quality Management and Supplier Process Improvement – 50%
- Collect and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain.
- Prepares supplier quality agreements and purchasing specifications in conjunction with cross functional teams.
- Working with the supplier directly, create corrective action plans to address process failures.
- Review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities.
- Regularly communicate with Engineering, Quality Engineering and Supply Chain internally to identify opportunities for quality and productivity improvement.
- Collect and maintain supplier performance metrics.
- Coordinate with Customer service, Engineering, Manufacturing and supply chain to ensure awareness to known purchased part or product quality issues.
- Participate in CCN/ERO change control meeting to ensure awareness to process changes.
- Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination, and continuous improvement. Maintain and update critical supplier audit system and schedule. Maintain supplier audit results.
- Lead supplier annual risk assessments to determine supplier audits and monitoring schedule for the year
- Constantly seeks to improve work processes; Has a quality -first mentality; Learns from internal and external best practices to apply to her/his work
Support Corrective Action Process (SCAR) – 25%
- Work with Purchasing to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented
- Participate in QMS/MRB meetings and present purchased part or product quality issues
- Investigate reported external quality issues that are believed to be purchased parts or product driven and present findings at QMS/MRB meetings
Support Supplier Qualification and Disqualification
- Participate in supplier qualification and disqualification process
- Identify repeat quality issues by supplier and maintain supplier quality scorecard
- Recommend suppliers for qualification and/or disqualification based upon quality performance
- Qualification of new supplier and support building related processes at the organization
Other Responsibilities – 15%
- Responsible for developing audit schedules, performs audits as lead auditor, writes audit reports, and issues corrective action for audit findings(As applicable)
- Participates in Second/Third party audits and provides input to Nypro response to any findings
- Generate Management Review presentations. Present metrics to management regarding the performance and effectiveness of the quality system
- Evaluates, makes recommendations and implements improvements to the quality system as part of continual improvement activities
- Assists Quality Engineers, Engineering and Operations staff in developing quality plans, inspection work instructions and procedures, equipment operation documents, or any other quality systems document
- Must take personal accountability for your own safety. Support culture of safety management through compliance with all safety policies, safety observation reporting and proactive involvement in Jabil safety programs
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department / position
Job Specifications : The minimum education and experience required to perform this job competently.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field; with 2-4 years related experience (preferably Medical Device/Pharmaceuticals) and/or training in manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Organizational and planning skills are required to plan, execute and track quality commitments related to suppliers
- Experience of performing audits of quality systems to ISO standards
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills Understanding of project management (experience preferred)
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies 8D, Lean, 5 Why's, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, 8-D, DFMEA, PFEMA, PPAP, etc. preferred
- Working knowledge of ISO Quality Management Systems and/or regulatory requirements (21 CFR 820, ISO13485:2016, ISO9001:2015) Certified lead auditor for ISO13485 or 9001 preferred
- Professional Certification (CQA, CQE, etc) preferred
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, work well with diverse groups of people and be able to function independently of direct supervision
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.