Provide leadership and guidance to project teams consisting of business and IT professionals who are engaged in planning and implementing solutions that are small/medium size. The incumbent will also engage as a key team member by providing support for larger, more complex projects under the guide of a Senior Project Manager or Program Manager. Mentoring Project Management subordinates is an essential responsibility of this role to ensure that the team is maturing their project skills and capabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure project scope and costs are agreed upon by the stakeholders
· Coordinate business requirements gathering, documentation and stakeholder approval
· Prepare project plan(s) and implementation schedule(s): ensure the project plan includes all stakeholder requirements and the nine areas of knowledge from Project Management Body of Knowledge®
· Conduct internal and vendor inquiries pertaining to the development of technology or information systems to meet current and projected business needs
· Coordination of RFI/RFPs with third parties, project and internal IT procurement team
· Provide regular report updates to all stakeholders and project sponsors, including status updates, milestone information and risk and issue information
· Active problem solving: recognize potential problem areas against the plan and identifies and implements alternative solutions
· Serve as escalation point for project risks and issues
· Provide guidance on team activity through leadership and support towards goals
· Work independently on medium risk projects with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Recommend, prepare and conduct training
· Manage change control processes and is responsible for overall project execution
· Maintain a good working relationship with customers and vendors
· Ensure 100% adherence to all IT and department policy, processes and procedures.
· Other duties may be assigned
· General responsibilities include the following:
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority
· Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations
· Effectively identify and address project-related conflicts
· Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction
· To be dependable and conscientious in all work performed
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to IT systems, data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific
Must demonstrate mastery on the following skills/competencies:
· Action/Results Oriented - Brings full energy to things he/she sees as challenging; enjoys working hard; can act with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
· Business Relationship Management – Practices building strong relationships with business, operations, and other IT groups.
· Presentation Skills - Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses
· Teamwork - Works collaboratively with a group of people in order to achieve a goal
· Facilitation and training skills - Guides and directs organizing work with groups of people such as meetings, planning sessions, and training of team members and leaders
· Project Management methodologies – Displays and applies knowledge on Project Management methodologies, specifically on Waterfall and Agile
Must demonstrate self-sufficiency on the following skills/competencies:
· Accountability – Accounts for his/her activities, accepts responsibility for them, and to discloses the results in a transparent manner
· Business acumen - Knows how the business works; demonstrates knowledge in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; understands how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
· Organizational change management – Is familiar with the processes to transitioning individuals, teams, and organizations to a desired future state
· Detail oriented - Has an eye for details and makes a conscious effort to understand the actual cause behind an occurrence.
· Emotional intelligence - Has the ability to monitor his/her own and other people's emotions, to discriminate between different emotions and label them appropriately, and to use emotional information to guide thinking and behavior
· Negotiating and conflict management - Successfully mediates conflict between individuals and groups; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and obtain cooperation with minimum noise
· Sense of urgency - Acts with the realization that efficiency is vital to success, and makes decisions and drives activities in the organization to meet important windows of opportunity
· Analytical skills - Has the ability to visualize, articulate, and solve both complex and uncomplicated problems and concepts and make decisions that are sensible and based on available information
· Business results orientation - Understands the process of figuring out how to get the right requirements, no matter the challenges faced, and stays resolutely focused on the core principles of gaining alignment and achieving clarity. Ensures that the project and efforts are consistently focused on delivering value for the organization
· Business/process analysis; Business needs into technical solutions - Identifies business needs and determines solutions to business problems. Utilizes the set of tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and to recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals
· Communication skills - Is able to convey information to another effectively and efficiently
· Creativity - Adds value and original thinking during brainstorming settings; generates new and unique ideas; makes connections among previously unrelated notions,
· Decision making (problem solving) - Is able to forecast the outcome of each option, and based on all these items, determine which option is the best for that particular situation
· Learning agility - Has the ability to learn, grow, and change over time and consequently develop new skills, rather than simply enhance those that he/she may already have
· Organizational awareness - A level of understanding for both the organization and its leaders regarding current capacity, abilities, potential, and results
· Prioritization - Spends his or her time and the time of others on what's important; focuses on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal
· Relationship management - Builds strong relationships with peers, providers and customers (internal or external)
· ITIL Foundations - Is aware of the key elements, concepts and terminology used in the ITIL Service Lifecycle, including the linkages between Lifecycle stages, the processes used and their contribution to Service Management practices
· Risk and issues management - Understands the process of identification, analysis, assessment, control, and avoidance, minimization, or elimination of unacceptable risks and/or issues
· Developing business cases - Captures the reasoning for initiating a project or task to convince a decision maker to take action. Usually a well-structured, formal document, the business case tells the story of an initiative - from beginning (what problem or situation triggered the initiative) to end (what benefit, value or return is expected). Business cases are typically written at the project or initiative level as a way to secure funding and commitment
· Procurement process - Understands the process of finding, acquiring, buying goods, services or works from an external source, often via competitive bidding process (RFI, RFP, RFQ)
· Resources management - Efficiently and effectively deploys and allocates the organization's resources when and where they are needed,
· Project planning - Estimates and schedules projects activities using Gant charts to plan and subsequently report progress within the project environment
· Post-implementation reviews - Conducts PIRs after completing a project in order to evaluate whether the project objectives were met, determine how effectively the project was run, learn lessons for the future, and ensure that the organization gets the greatest possible benefit from the project
· Cost estimations - Has the knowledge to calculate the cost of a program, project, or operation accurately, transparently, and reliably
· Controls, audit, regulatory and compliance requirements - Understands the concepts and processes implemented to compare performance to predetermined standards, plans, or objectives (includes Security, ITAR, MedVal, Health, Safety, Quality, etc.).
· KPAs, metrics and SLA tracking - Understands and applies the tools and techniques to define, measure and control the performance of the project
· Building WBS -– Can develop a deliverable-oriented decomposition of a project into smaller components, and organizes the team's work into manageable sections
· Project Portfolio Management tools – Has experience using PPM tools to analyze and manage current or proposed projects
· Scrum Master / Agile certification
· Working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma concepts
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business discipline preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of experience leading multiple formal IT projects.
• PMI's Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification or equivalent is preferred.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.