Confer with supervisor on unusual matters, responsible for design and development of commercial, retail, and military electronics mechanical packaging. This includes PCB level mounting and heat sinking, structural and thermal analysis, and material and component selection for plastic and metal designs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with manager and/or Program Manager to provide information that will aid in the initial quoting process.
- Develop mechanical design in ProEngineer CAD package. Incorporates the following in typical products: sheet metal, metal castings, plastics injection molding, advanced surfacing techniques, considerations for cost, thermal, structural, DFM, DFA.
- Work directly with Supply Chain Management to manage vendor relationships, including vendor RFQ’s, First Article Inspections, total quality of output,
- Interface as required directly with customers. Able to travel to customer sites for design reviews and technical interaction.
- Provide Document Control with a complete design package consisting of schematics, BOM’s, vendor lists, and conceptual packaging and assembly drawings prior to production launch.
- Work concurrently with Jabil CAD Services, Business Unit Management, Manufacturing, Test, Purchasing, and Quality departments through the design phase of a program.
- Work to provide a design that not only meets the customer’s criteria, but is also of high quality, cost effective, and manufacturable.
- Direct the Mechanical Designers and other Mechanical Engineers on their assigned projects.
- Oversee assembly and test of engineering prototypes.
- Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from four-year college or university
- Seven to ten years related experience and/or training with advanced ProEngineer CAD skills required
- Must have advanced knowledge in one of the following areas: Thermal Analysis; Optical Engineering; Finite Element Structural Analysis.
- Domestic travel required 25%; some international travel required.
- Masters Degree in Engineering preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.