Summary of Position:
Under minimal supervision performs a variety of routine and non-routine duties related to the inspection and packaging of a variety of assembled items and or injection molded components in accordance with specified requirements. Assist supervisor in the scheduling of work and provide direction and training to other shift employees. Performs visual and dimension inspections in order to comply with quality standards. Packages and labels product according to documented work instructions.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following):
- Train new employees and/or temporary employees assigned to their shift, train existing employees on new protocols and procedures, and provide relief for employee breaks and lunch periods.
- Assist Supervisor in collecting production data throughout the shift and entering data into SAP system. Record Daily Manufacturing Summary information at shift start.
- Assure the Inspectors, Operators and Packers are following all procedures and safety guidelines.
- Perform concentricity testing, verify collection of static sample bags, and sorting of parts into bags as needed.
- Review shift documents for accuracy and completeness. Verify line clearances and start ups.
- Employee will work in concert with the Shift Supervisor ensuring safe and efficient production.
- Required to perform the duties of the Operators and Packers on an as needed basis.
- Employee will read, comprehend and maintain the operating policies and procedures of the Company as well as the requirements specified by FDA, OSHA and other governmental agencies.
- Support all rework activities as directed by the Supervisor.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed based on the requirements of the department.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Satisfactory completion of training in SPC, Predysis, Concentricity and all products currently being manufactured.
- Must have familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices as well as all current Work Instructions and Product Specifications.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with a good command of the English language.
- Ability to read and comprehend specifications, instructions, and written procedures.
- Use of scale, tape gun and/or machine, hand truck, digital caliper, digital micrometer and basic hand measurement devices.
- Must be proficient with the use of a computer including Microsoft Outlook and Excel as well as the SAP system.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.