Drives materials team to achieve continuous improvement in key materials metrics. Provides exceptional support to customers, team members, and shareholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Champions the execution and deployment of Jabil’s standard planning and inventory strategies and systems with the customer where possible, and implement customized solutions where necessary within a local operations site.
· Drives a systematic process to receive, evaluate and fulfill customer demand across the business unit.
· Ensures that an achievable Master Schedule is in place to support both customer requirements and Jabil revenue projections. In developing a solid MPS, consideration should be given to materials availability, equipment capability/capacity and staffing.
· Ensures that the Master Production Schedule is loaded in alignment with customer contract(s) and liability agreements so that the materials team maintains conformance to Jabil’s “Rules of the Road.”
· Develops and supervises solid product launch plans for new business, and transition plans for products being transferred between Jabil manufacturing sites.
· Evaluates the need for buffer inventory during the transfer process.
· Ensures continuity of product supply to the Jabil manufacturing site(s), and of finished goods to the customer throughout the transfer timeframe.
· Oversees the disposition and transfer of residual inventory to the appropriate “receiving” Jabil factory.
· Generates and analyzes inventory reports for internal business unit and / or customer use.
· Assists the Business Unit Management team as required in evaluating and recovering the cost of excess / obsolete inventory.
· Recommends process and supply chain initiatives to lower inventory costs (hubbing, JIT, optimum manufacturing lot sizes, alternate transportation methodologies, etc.).
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Materials Logistics Management, or related discipline.
· Equivalent proven track record in a complex manufacturing environment.
· Experience in purchasing, warehousing, inventory control and planning/forecasting.
· Three years related experience.
· Equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Solid understanding of manufacturing and materials management is required, as well as a proven track record in negotiation, cost reduction activities and materials planning.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.