Global role responsible for executing and driving supplier development and part qualifications across Jabil healthcare manufacturing locations. Responsibilities include supplier development and component qualifications to comply with Jabil, industry, legal and regulatory requirements. Serve as a technical escalation point for technical guidance and expertise to help resolve supplier quality issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively communicate information or issues that may impact the product costs or manufacturability to all affected sites/departments.
- Drive component qualifications per Jabil part qualification processes, industry, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Defines and develops the inspection plans via inspection aids and instruction guidelines.
- Drives Supplier Corrective/Preventive Action for problem resolution and continuous improvements during the part qualification process, including critical analysis of supplier DOE, CPK, Gauge R&R studies.
- Coordinate non-conforming materials be returned to vendor due to poor quality during the part qualification process and have the appropriate documentation that describes the reasons for return.
- Technical escalation support in resolving supplier/component technical issues resulting in supplier corrective actions.
- Understanding of the quality system, medical and commercial regulatory requirements and how they relate to the business.
- Ability to solve practical problems with limited information.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Domestic and regional travel is required. Intercontinental travel may be required.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to Jabil Management, Customers, and suppliers.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by management.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Supplier Quality Manager
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Electro / mechanical background desired; knowledge of plastic injection molding & tooling, metal stampings & tooling, metal fabrication, machining and various electrical components, connectors, PCB & PCBA, cable assembly, full assembly integration etc.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings. Must be experienced with reading and using Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Must be experienced in statistical analysis of component and process quality including Process capability studies (Cpk), Design of Experiments (DOE), gage repeatability and reproducibility (Gage R&R), and statistical tolerance stack-up analysis.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required in Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering
- A minimum of 8+ years related Supplier Quality experience including supplier assessment, supplier audits, and component qualification using PPAP is required.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, and Project).
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.