Operational SME III will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and managing; integrated, production and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production region(s). The Operational SME III will adopt as its goal’s profitability, effectiveness, adaptability, responsiveness, quality, and the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· As a regional subject matter expert, the SME III is responsible for monitoring on a regular basis performance related to DF metrics from different sites across the region:
· Identify early signs of low performance from the sites within the region and initiate recovery activities to prevent any customer complaints. Other engineering areas will be responsible for working on the root cause of the low performance issues
· SME III will have the authority to initiate regional audits to confirm that basic DF systems, tools, and procedures are properly used by local engineering teams
· Assist and support regional meetings with other subject matter experts from different areas and possible different regions to align and establish regional priorities
· Regional Project Leader and Coordinator that directs and critically evaluates large scale challenges in complex manufacturing processes, unique customer challenges (production/data) and operational data to determine efficient utilization and effectiveness of applications and resources.
· SME III is required to attend manufacturing and technology seminars regularly to maintain his or her expertise on the field
· Lead multiple cross-functional projects across his or her specific region with broad in-depth knowledge of various functions outside of Digital Factory to optimize complex large-scale projects
· Lead as Regional Subject Matter Expert in all global & regional Digital Factory systems and applications (JEMSmm, JEMSpd, Valor, MES etc)
· Lead as Regional Subject Matter Expert in all Operational DF practices
· Support development of global DF systems and applications with consideration of Global standards
· Communicate to regional team key DF metrics for Site
· Support, assist, and advise Business Unit Directors and Site Management on new & actual processes reliability, and profitability
· Participate in QBR, customer visits and site audits if requested by BUD and Regional Management.
· Lead process improvement related activities for New Product Introduction.
· Coach, mentor, and train engineers within the Operational SME DF team & other functional teams as needed
· Coach, mentor, and train new Site Operational SME’s as support to Regional and Global Operational SME’s
· Support and/or maintain all lower level Operational SME’s essential duties and responsibilities
· Ensure the standardization of Jabil processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional and site direction
· Develop regional DF best practices with supporting data to Regional and Global DF teams to optimize existing best practices
· Seek outside best practices and education to bring knowledge into regional and global DF platforms
· Support the Lean organization by developing a solid process foundation and data integrity in order to support process improvement through the organization
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Typically reports to management or leadership. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Director, VP
· Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
· Key Requirements:
o Understanding and application of broad range of Digital Factory Applications (i.e. JEMSmm, JEMSpd, JEMScc, Valor, MES, iFactory)
o Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
o Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
o Strong financial and analytical ability:
§ Data science techniques (preferred)
o Proven record of accomplishment of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
o Strong communication skills
· Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety standards & requirements
· Understanding of Quality Systems applied to internal manufacturing processes
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Degree in Industrial, Process or Manufacturing Engineering required (will consider other candidates that meet work
· MS in Process or Industrial Engineering or MBA preferred
· Strong data science abilities preferred
· Lean Silver Certificate or Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
· At least 15 years of working experience with 7 years of experience in Manufacturing or related field
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.