WCM is responsible to ensure a great working relationship between WCM and functional departments and business unit. Moreover, WCM must demonstrate his leadership to meet the key objectives of profitability, customer satisfaction and employee involvement by ensuring robust processes, efficient management, and continuous improvement of the workcell performance. His focus must be on plant production floor to assure the daily success of all workcells.
SKILLS - required:
A combination of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Production, Supply Chain, Materials Management, or an equivalent), and/or Master of Business Administration.
- 5 years of related functional experience within production / workcell management
- 5 years shop floor/industrial management experience across multi functions area of responsibility
- Understanding of multi business related activities
- Strong leadership skills as a mandatory
SKILLS - PREFERRED:
Workcell Continuous Improvements:
- Promote Quality 1st mentality
- Deploy in the workcell the Quality, Cost and Delivery improvement plans
- Control Manufacturing cost on plant level and define ways to improve them
- Coordinate actions in the workcell to improve customer satisfaction
- Deploy in the workcell a continuous improvement plan with emphasis on lean manufacturing and lean engineering
- Put in place the best organization in the workcell to support Business Unit goals and plant strategy
- Take part in the equipment selection on plant level (generic and specific) with the WCMs and Functional Managers
- Take part in the development new layouts for plant with the support of FM's
- Demonstrate a very good understanding of workcell statement and key metrics such as REVENUE, TC, PC, CANCOI, DII, WIP, OLE, SCRAP, etc.
- Demonstrate an intimate understanding of main management tools (forecast model, quote template, variance analysis)
- Ensure a robust variance analysis process for the workcell
- Drive operational performance to meet and exceed initial forecast and/or quotes
- Drive for the workcell a continuous 'driving down’ of cost to maximize competitiveness (Cost per IL head, DL effectiveness, DL ratio, healthy balance VA/NVA, etc.)
- Understand MRP parameters and their impact on material
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the capacity model, and how it ties to forecast and MPS
- Be aware of the SAP system ctrl possibility to monitor inventory movement and levels
- Understand the financial impact of building and shipping product vs. not building and shipping product
- Understand MRP efficiency levels for his buyers and management process of MRP
- Ensure the plant is focused on keeping proper revenue level and catching additional opportunities to gaps covering
- Monitor and reacting for operational material management KPI
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.