Do you have passion for enabling cloud customers to build and deploy platform infrastructure? Want to join a strategic CTO architecture team focused on developing and selling cloud hardware platforms and address a growing market? This role would function as a Mechanical SME and architect for defining technical strategy on Jabil’s cloud server platforms working in the CTO organization. We are looking for a motivated senior mechanical architect knowledgeable with server/storage platform architectures. As a CTO Mechanical Engineering architect, you will engage with internal and external customers, recommend technical strategy and direction, lead technical investigations, define product requirements, and work closely with teams across Jabil. You will be joining an exciting fast paced team with entrepreneurial spirit, adapting and iterating quickly to meet evolving customer needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively engage in supplier and industry forums to extract meaningful trends and future product requirements that will influence Jabil technical strategy in the area of cloud server mechanical architecture
- Champion Jabil cloud technical visions and concerns back into various industry forums.
- Generate new product concept definitions and designs for Jabil cloud server products including reference architecture, CAD, and mechanical test specifications
- Collaborate with other Jabil technical resources across multiple sites of operation in multiple countries.
- Understand customer use cases, workloads and pain points to architect solutions and improvements with current generation capabilities
- Support creation of R&D roadmaps for both products and technology competency.
- Engage with engineering teams, other architects and product management to articulate incremental technical requirements for current offering and as input for future products
- Lead exploratory investigations that can be leveraged onto N+1 roadmap platforms
- Create clear documentation of mechanical initiatives and drive for strong communication of these initiatives throughout the organization
- Articulate future technology direction with a view on Industry, vendor eco-system, standards bodies
- Establish technical relationships with key customers – Identify key influencers, develop and maintain relationship and dialogue
- Discover technical requirements from customer engagements and translate to current offerings
- Engage in customer RFI/RFP/RFQ technical requirement responses and kickoff interactions
- Lead and coordinate technical engagements, bringing the appropriate subject matter experts and other functions as needed
- Ability to present to executives and also be able to deep dive into technology topics or product capabilities with technical decision makers
- Travel as required to attend customer meetings, conferences and partner meetings
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by management
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policies
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- x86 server engineering, systems engineering or server architecture experience
- Extensive knowledge of ME design tools such as Creo (Pro-E) and/or Solidworks
- Knowledge of contemporary manufacturing techniques, limitations, and costs
- Knowledge of data center environmental and infrastructure paradigms
- Ability to synthesize new designs from a limited set of requirements and boundary conditions
- Must possess a problem-solver mentality
- FEA skillset highly desirable
- Experience with CFD workflows across multi-disciplinary design teams
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree, in Mechanical Engineering or similar; MS Eng preferred
- Minimum of (10) plus years’ experience required
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.