Plans, directs, and coordinates the operations of productions, machinery, processing, and assembly departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by the workcells.
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Periodically “get down in the trenches” to rehabilitate troubled workcells or to help during product launch. Foster a “back to basics” mentality during these times. Lead by example; “Walk the talk.”
- Establish new measurement systems if/where appropriate.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health and Safety, Quality).
- Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing supervisory role
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.