Drive the requirement compilation, development, deployment and maintenance of business process for internal team / suppliers / customers for their respective region. Drive the incorporation of these requirements into global systems and processes wherever possible
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in development of global systems, processes and tools ensuring that regional requirements / needs have been considered and incorporated wherever possible.
- Drive deployment of global systems, processes and tools within the region
- Drive continuous improvement in supplier performance within the region.
- Ensure that supplier development activities are identified, initiated utilizing the corrective action process, and progress is monitored / measured through monthly / quarterly scorecard reviews.
- Ensure that necessary activities are identified and executed for new suppliers / new products / new technologies that result in performance objectives being met.
- Provide systems assessment support as needed
- Provide support to other regions, as able, for supplier selection, development, issue investigation / resolution, etc… of suppliers within their respective region.
- Provide input and support to sites regarding SQE needs (i.e. numbers, skills / capabilities, roles and responsibilities, etc…)
- Drive enhancements to global systems, processes and tools to support changing / evolving regional needs / requirements.
- Drive regional compliance to established global systems, processes and tools
- Ensure that global systems, processes and tools are communicated to the appropriate resources with the region
- Measure conformance and initiates actions when non-conformances are identified
- Ensure the development and maintenance of supplier technology capabilities (process and product) in support of current and future supply chain strategies.
- Drive the monitoring of potential environmental, legislative, regulatory requirements and determination of their potential impacts to suppliers, Jabil sites / workcells and customers within the respective region.
- Determine and carry out the necessary activities to ensure compliance to both internal and external regulatory requirement.
- Ensure an effective and efficient regionalized approach and process for qualification / validation is in place that:
- Identify and communicates the requirements for qualification / validation to the supplier.
- Identify required submission dates and drives on time submissions.
- Track supplier submission dates, progress and approvals.
- Provide timely review and approval.
- Ensure upload of approvals to Jabil system
- Drive corrective action for issues identified.
- Determine risk associated with identified issues and determines disposition in a timely manner to support requirements.
- Lead the establishment of performance targets, goals and / or objectives for the region to deliver targeted long-term goals.
- Coordinate activities within the internal team, driving focus on delivering the outcome on scope, on time and within budget.
- Perform the assigned functions of the role as needed / assigned.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics and trading operations in particular China.
- Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
- Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
- Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes in particular China.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Strong and convincing communication skills.
- Ability to speak and read Chinese as the candidate will liaise with China counterparts
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- With demonstrated technical expertise in one or more commodity fields.
- Plus 5 years experience in Supply Chain field in particular Supplier or Customer Development role.
- Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.