Develop and implement supply chain strategies and optimize the overall cost of materials. This role is within the Global Procurement Organization and is responsible for leading the buying activities for a key Procurement as a Service (PaaS) initiative. Responsibilities will include new supplier sourcing, price negotiations, supplier contract development/renewals and order management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop supply base and implement Jabil Supply Chain (SC) strategies for the procurement of Indirect Goods (MRO Materials).
- Ensure materials availability to support customer requirements through MRP execution, on-time delivery, and coordination of materials movement.
- Initiate RFQ/RFP activity with support from Data Analyst, analyze the results and make recommendations to internal leadership to justify Approved Vendor List (AVL) / sourcing changes.
- Improve sourcing options and maximize cost efficiency by working with Jabil’s internal resources.
- Issue Purchase Orders to pricing, terms & conditions that are negotiated and agreed to by Jabil Commodity/Category Managers. Ensure suppliers’ adherence to established agreements.
- Lead efforts to improve Jabil SCM initiatives and strategies.
- Optimize order management process to ensure effective communication with suppliers.
- Monitor and continuously improve supplier’s delivery and quality performance. Address and resolve recurring or critical issues by utilizing corrective action tools and additional resources.
- Monitor, track, and provide feedback on suppliers’ performance on delivery, quality, and service.
- Make sourcing decisions based on overall cost and benefit including price, duty, freight, flexibility, service, performance, quality, and terms & conditions.
- Ensure execution of Jabil pricing and terms & conditions agreements such as Worldwide Purchasing Agreements that are negotiated and agreed to by Jabil.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong understanding of indirect spend within the MRO Category
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading, and writing English & Mandarin.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Materials Logistics Management, Procurement, or related discipline
- 3+ years in Indirect Procurement with demonstrated experience in MRO preferred
- Certification by a related professional organization (such as APICS and NAPM) is preferred.
- Domestic and international travel is required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.