The Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for leading and supporting assigned projects of medium to high complexity to support Jabil’s global energy strategy. The PM will oversee energy projects for 100+ manufacturing facilities across a global portfolio, and support assigned projects for senior leadership, focusing on Jabil facility and corporate office needs, including: business support, best practice dissemination, metrics tracking for corporate energy targets, and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to improve customer satisfaction, reduce energy costs and consumption, and mitigate carbon emissions. This position requires demonstrated understanding of the technical and regulatory aspects of renewables, power purchase agreements, building management systems, energy efficiency and decarbonization techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- High level supervision, coordination and tracking of all site-level energy projects globally – including ECMs, KPIs, project progress, status reports and lessons learned.
- Support assigned strategic development projects for senior leadership, including project roadmaps, standard operating procedures, minimum building standards, training content, and evaluation of investment opportunities in emerging technologies.
- Track, organize and analyze quantitative and qualitative data on progress towards corporate goals and provide regular updates to relevant departments, stakeholders and senior leadership as needed.
- Develop and own project plan, establishing a road map with clear dates and deliverables.
- Coordinate key functions such as financial feasibility analyses, budget forecasts, resource requirements, RFPs/procurement activities and engineering/design for both site-level and corporate energy projects.
- Define and recognize project key performance indicators, and manage the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
- Build and manage the Energy SharePoint site which stores all important documentation on energy projects, training materials and contractor information.
- Manage vendor, contractor and consulting partner relations to ensure peak performance and quality control – including capabilities assessment, strategic alignment with company goals, invoicing and general correspondence.
- Manage customer relationships and maintain communications on relevant objectives, success criteria, project roadmaps and deliverables.
- Collaborate with Procurement to develop RFPs, including scope, resource requirements, financial analysis, assessment criteria, evaluation and review.
- Research primary energy, sustainability and circular economy data sources and analyze trends to support performance targets and strategies.
- Maintain a technical understanding of applicable renewable energy alternatives, energy efficiency measures, resource efficiency, circular economy, IoT services, and data management and analytics in a changing global market.
- Maintain communications across multiple departments, including Procurement, Finance, IT and Facilities.
- Perform administrative tasks including meeting minutes, communications, document review and invoicing.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Manager, Senior Manager, Director, or Senior Director.
- Job is not directly responsible for managing, guiding and mentoring other employees.
- Strong analytical skills with a practical approach to problem solving and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills (quantitative and qualitative information).
- Skilled in structuring verbal and written ideas clearly and communicating technical information in a concise way to a non-technical audience, and vice versa.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and/or customer personnel.
- Working knowledge of Renewable Energy (Solar/Wind), Market Instruments (PPAs/RECs), Energy Efficiency (HVAC/Smart Lighting), Building and Energy Management Systems, decarbonization techniques and energy analytics (IoT/M&V), as well as good understanding of environmental topics related to manufacturing industry and customers .
- Ability to be strategic in interpreting process requirements and finding synergies or alternatives.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills with experience working in cross-functional teams, resolving issues and building consensus during the entire project lifecycle.
- Skilled in managing multiple vendors or contractors to ensure continuous performance improvement.
- Capacity to manage projects, set timeliness, meet deadlines and effectively multitask.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
- Working knowledge of resource efficiency and circular economy a plus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years prior experience in project management in an applicable discipline.
- Minimum of 3-5 years prior experience in an energy field.
- Knowledge of relevant industry practices, trends and legislation.
- Environmental knowledge relating circular economy, resource efficiency, waste management
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Passionate about renewable energy, sustainability and combating climate change.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- CEM, BEP, ISO50001 or similar certification preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.