The Senior Financial Analyst will perform analysis for senior and executive management and is responsible for analyzing and monitoring current, future, and strategic cost initiatives. Working as a member of the finance team, this position primarily performs day-to-day finance related activities designed to analyze and monitor the company’s cost initiatives and drive for results. Specific activities may include cost initiatives, forecasting, internal reporting, variance analysis, modeling and other discretionary projects as directed by management. All activities are undertaken with the objective to improve Jabil’s operating results while maintaining the controls and discipline compliant with Jabil standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for accurate reporting of all accounting and financial operations of the Information Technology Organization.
- Computes, prepares, and reviews data for journal entries and reviews general ledger accounts for reasonableness.
- Responsible for forecasting, month end closing, financial analysis, and reporting.
- Collaborate with senior leaders and other members of the IT Organization to communicate results, assist with financial modeling activities, and other observations.
- Prepare and analyze financial reports and presentations to evaluate alignment with current and forward-looking strategies. The presentations may include financial forecast, monthly, quarterly, yearly variances and other materials.
- Support project accounting activities to ensure compliance with internal policies and GAAP.
- Calculate project billing rates and support project managers and cost center owners with forecasting and analysis of hours and rate variances.
- Interact with project managers to help them understand their project costs activities and variances.
- Interacts and works closely with cost center owners to help them understand cost center detailed transactions and align with forecast.
- Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
- Provide regular updates to manager on the execution of forecast and other initiatives through quantitative and qualitative communication.
- Maintain an understanding of business activities, operations, systems, and global footprint of the IT Organization.
- Ensures SOX, Tax and US GAAP compliance.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics is preferred.
- Plus 3 years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.