The Financial Analyst will support manager or supervisor performing analysis for senior and executive management and is responsible for preparing, analyzing, and monitoring current, future, and strategic cost initiatives. Working as a member of the finance team, this position primarily performs day-to-day finance related activities designed to analyze and monitor the company’s cost initiatives and drive for results. Specific activities may include, forecasting, financial close, project accounting, internal allocations, internal reporting, variance analysis, modeling and other discretionary projects as directed by management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares forecasts and analyzes transactions related to the Information Technologies Organization.
- Supports accurate recording and reporting of financial transactions of the assigned IT Organization unit.
- Computes and prepares data for journal entries and reviews general ledger accounts for reasonableness.
- Coordinates with other departments to support activities as needed.
- Prepares and analyze financial reports and presentations to evaluate alignment with current and forward-looking strategies. The presentations may include financial forecast, monthly, quarterly, yearly variances and other materials.
- Support project accounting activities to ensure compliance with internal policies and GAAP.
- Calculate project billing rates and support project managers and cost center owners with forecasting and analysis of hours and rate variances.
- Interact with cost center owners and project managers to help them understand costs and variances.
- Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
- Provide regular updates to supervisor on the execution of forecast and other initiatives through quantitative and qualitative communication.
- Learn and understand business activities, operations, systems, and global footprint of the IT Organization.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics is preferred.
- Plus 1 years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.