The Senior Materials Manager takes a crossing-sites lead role within a Sector. The Senior Materials Manager is responsible for managing the materials sourcing, planning, purchasing, and inventory control, control receiving & inspecting materials, storage and shipping functions in an efficient and cost effective manner. In addition, the Senior Materials Manager must ensure proper systems are in place to develop cost competitive suppliers whom are able to meet Jabil’s quality and quantity standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage and resolve all of materials related issues within a Sector.
· Maintain the lowest possible inventory within a Sector to maximize our inventory turns.
· Streamline the materials procedure and work closely with Supply Chain Management team.
· Drives the execution and deployment of Jabil’s standard planning and inventory strategies and systems with the customer where possible, and implement customized solutions where necessary within a local operations site and\or across the individual site.
· Drives a systematic process to receive, evaluate and fulfill customer demand within a local operations site and/or across the individual site.
· Drive and implement materials handling procedures, monitor the cost and effectiveness of activities to optimize resources, prioritize spending and achieve volume, timeliness, reliability, and safety standards.
· Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team so that the organization has access to the materials and inputs it needs to operate, and so that all materials and goods are handled, stored and distributed safely, cost-effectively, and on-time.
· Monitor the inventory control systems that track the status of purchase orders, inventory levels, and production requirements.
· Work with corporate to evaluate and assess the feasibility of any system tools for sites deployment.
· Provide the guidance and training to site materials department staffs and let them align company policies and procedure.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge of materials management system and be able to resolve and\or handle complex pricing, delivery and quality issues.
· Knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Basic financial and analytical ability.
· Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
· Minimum 8 years related experience, including 3 years in management role.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.