The purpose of the position is to drive and support the overall management of Automation Design initiatives. The Automation Engineering Manager (AEM) manages and oversees various automation engineering projects and staff. Position acts as liaison to teams within the site and to customers for project requirements, specification, planning, budgeting, and installation. Position ensures stipulated specification and requirements are met and delivered within budget and on time. The AEM works cross functionally ensure all requirements are understood and met to provide both a technical solution and a practical, useful solution to the operations team. This position reports to the Senior Engineering Services Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages a group of project managers and project engineers.
- Leads the team to review, understand and interpret requirements/specifications correctly and transform these into design.
- Ensures all automation designs meet customer needs; involving customer early on for input and to aid in design transfer.
- Reviews all quotes and ensures they are accurate, on budget, and protect the company financially.
- Is responsible for successful design transfer including validation, gauging, training, and visual operational documents.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Understanding and demonstrated skills in equipment design, vision systems, and mechanical systems.
- Expert in project management.
- Advanced knowledge of MSA, validation, and lean.
- Advanced knowledge of automation safety, HMI, and control systems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. in Mechanical or Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 8-10 years of working experience in project management for automation equipment
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.