To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties, which may be inherent to the position. Jabil Circuit may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees, consistent with company policies.
Responsible for directing the day-to-day activities within the Inventory Control department (i.e. Receiving, Stockroom, Shipping, and Warehouse).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proven Leadership skills with the ability to develop, motivate and challenge Inventory Control employees
- Supports all aspects of recruitment and retention process (i.e. communicates criteria for positions to recruiters, interviews, monitor team member turnover to identify improvement opportunities)
- Create and/or validate Material Handler and Technical Supervisors training plans in all areas of Department
- Coordinate with Inventory Team members and Workcells to identify, schedule and execute Kaizen events and Continuous Improvement projects and document results
- Provides guidance and support to resolve conflicts and issues that negatively impact the team’s performance
- Provides meaningful and timely feedback on employees’ performance including completing and conducting annual performance appraisals
- Conducts training needs assessments, creates training plans and ensures plans are fully executed
- Provides and documents employee training
- Takes appropriate action when employee performance expectations are not met
- Coordinates, prioritizes, tracks, and verifies accuracy of all tasks within Department
- Supports and drives corrective and/or preventive actions
- Reviews and analyzes key metrics to ensure processes are in control
- Ensures an adequate level of staffing to support business strategy
- Ensures employees are paid for all time worked by reviewing, editing and approving time cards and ensuring employees are paid for time worked
- Monitors employees’ adherence to the attendance policy and issues attendance reminders per the Attendance Guidelines
- Strives to maintain compliance with EICC guidelines by monitoring employee’s overtime and adjusts workloads as needed
- Works safely at all times and complies with Environmental Health and Safety standards and work practices along with all other work rules
High School diploma or equivalent, 1 to 3 years experience in a relevant Jabil position OR equivalent external work experience
- Strong analytical, interpretive, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages
- Advanced reading, writing, and math skills required (i.e. 12th grade level)
- Ability to deal with tight, frequently changing deadlines
- Ability to obtain data, prepare reports and perform initial analysis of data
- Inventory Control experience
Individual may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
The employee is frequently required to walk, bend, and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of computer monitor screen a great deal of the time.
Individual’s primary workstation is located in the Receiving, Shipping, Stockroom or Warehouse area with some time spent each day on the manufacturing floor.
The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.