The Sr Engineering Manager drives functional excellence at a global level in the use of manufacturing systems, materials and equipment, providing support and guidance to all levels of Jabil Business Sectors and Manufacturing Operations. This role supports business development efforts with current and/or future customers and development or implementation of global engineering strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manages global ME (manufacturing engineering) activities with focus on key operational metrics for the organization across all business sectors.
· Reduces manufacturing cost by optimizing processes and systems, e.g., modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, and use of Best Practices.
· Introduces new manufacturing processes emerging from Advanced Manufacturing Technology (AMT) or transferred with new customers into the Jabil sustaining manufacturing organization.
· Collects global manufacturing engineering feedback and identifies issues to be addressed by ME or other global functions.
· Defines, develops, and implements ME strategies which support overall objectives, business development and Jabil’s strategic directions.
· Executes ME activities in alignment with Jabil strategies, organizational goals and technology roadmap
· Demonstrates a good understanding of LEAN Six Sigma and actively promotes the core principles throughout the organization
· Creates training tools, documents and procedures for global baseline ME competency training at sites.
· Develops and administers training programs from level one (ME I) to Subject Matter Expert (SME).
· Provides tactical support to resolve critical technical issues as required.
· Communicates at all levels of the organization at a global level.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Expert knowledge Engineering philosophies and processes
· Demonstrated expertise in Manufacturing Support Systems and business process analysis
· Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with good oral and written communication skills.
· Project management and team leadership experience with ability to work in a global matrix organization
· Demonstrated ability to implement change and application of Lean and Six Sigma Methodology
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent engineering discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
· 10+ years recent experience in electronics manufacturing industry, preferably in a global environment
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.