Enhances the capabilities of the Planning and Manufacturing departments by providing technical and administrative support as directed by the department supervisor. Ensures that products meet on-time delivery deadlines.
- Reviews the manufacturing systems to ensure material delivery due dates are in line with manufacturing required dates.
- Interacts with Inventory Control group to ensure kits are available to match weekly plans that have been established.
- Works with planning to attain 100% on time deliveries.
- Continues to help implement process improvements.
- Facilitates communication between production personnel, Inventory Control group and planning to quickly react to conflicts and issues affecting production schedules.
- Interfaces with material handling, requirements planning and purchasing to quickly identify material shortages impacting production.
- Attends meetings to provide WIP status and to gather program schedule information when required.
- Runs MES WIP Matrix report as required.
- Performs MES to physical check at specified time throughout shift.
- Ensures WIP integrity between MES, Sap & physical count.
- Liaises with planning & manufacturing to agree schedule for work area using scheduling tools and systems.
- Works with planning & manufacturing teams to position WIP, raw material to meet schedule.
- Reports shift by shift performance against plan.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Currently pursuing a BS degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain/Logistics, Manufacturing Engineering, Business Management or other related disciplines.
- Experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment, preferably in a machine shop
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.