As a Lead Engineer, you will be able to technically lead the entire cross functional design team on their interactions and responsibilities for that project. A Lead Engineer is responsible for insuring the phase gate technical milestones are met, is the leader of technical reviews, and is responsible for making sure that the specification requirements inputs and design outputs align. This engineer will have demonstrated experience at releasing product into a production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Meet the requirements of Sr. Design/VAVE Engineer
· Would be considered a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in their field of competency.
· Will represent Jabil Design Services in technical customer discussions / meetings.
· Work with Project Managers in the quoting process.
· Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules.
· Is expected to support the development and utilization of processes for design/VAVE.
· At the appropriate process phase gates, drive the delivery of a complete design package to be entered into our PDM system consisting of requirements and design documentation, databases, BOM’s, etc./ drive the delivery of a complete VAVE analysis to be delivered to the customer consisting of detailed proposals, cost impacts, risk levels, pros/cons, models, etc…
· Lead all elements of design/VAVE engineering including design reviews, design verification requirement & Spec developments, implementation, supply chain & supplier feedback, requirements for implementation, transfer to design and manufacturing team.
· Mentoring Sr. Design Engineers and below
· Provide onsite technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
· Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
· Support management in identifying internal and external resources to support product development/analysis
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop
mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
· Minimum of 9-10 years of related experience and/or training
· Minimum of 2 years experience as a SR Design Engineer
· Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Design, develop, or modify software by using various programming languages on the embedded system.
Create, implement, and enable AI/ML applications.
Technical discussion AI/ML with internal and external customers.
Generate design documentation, such as specification, test plan, etc.
Able to work both independently and within teams in a fast-paced environment, leading complex projects.
Education: MSCS, MSEE, or related
Programming Language: C/C++
8+ years of experience in developing firmware for the embedded systems
Strong knowledge of machine learning using libraries/frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffee, etc
Experience with working on a variety of embedded processors, SoC, Microcontroller, etc.
Experience with architect, design, and develop firmware for various hardware interfaces.
Experience with various operating systems, Linux, RTOS, Android, etc.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.