Lead a group of technical people that form the product development, product validation, manufacturing launch and mass production of various products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Execute audits of design projects for compliance to the Product Creation Process
· Ensure that product / project risk is being identified and managed, escalate when it is not
· Facilitate the creation of the Manufacturing Requirements Manual (MRM) from the input of the engineering team
· Facilitate DFMEAs
· Identify, correct and escalate issues that may increase product level risk to Jabil. This includes product safety, product quality and reliability, and customer satisfaction.
· Assist in the manufacturing launch and train key workcell personnel
· Audit manufacturing against the MRM.
· Analyze other key metrics – supplier issues, manufacturing yields and fall-out, component failures, On-going Reliability test results, field failures and customer complaints to assess and quantify the RISK
· Continually identify and reduce the risk
· Act as the conduit for sustaining engineering requests
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security and safety policies.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
BS in Engineering AND five years experience, Quality Certification, Expertise in DOE, SPC, xFMEA, gage R&R, Project Audits, 8D, and other ASQ and 6-sigma principles; Understand and use Agile and SAP; Willingness to travel
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to walk, and to lift and carry PC’s and test equipment weighing up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent each day on the engineering work areas, labs and manufacturing floor. The noise level in this environment ranges from low to moderate
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.