Build your career with Jabil! We challenge and empower you to make most of your talents, working with outstanding colleagues from diverse backgrounds who share your drive and passion to make Jabil grow!
The Senior Project Manager manages functionally one or several project team and supports customer relationships as needed. Technically capable of developing, managing and delivering medium to high complexity automation projects, this role partners mainly with business units to appropriately help the local project lead to define and deliver the User Requirement Specification URS and development of the business proposals, project schedule / financials. In the case of the first application of the technology, the support to the project execution is also part of the responsibility of that position.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- The planned focus is initially on automated pick and place projects as well as end-to-end manufacturing options for medical machined implants or instruments. The automation approach must be defined together with the Customer and Operations. Specification must be defined to support an optimized value stream.
- Provides direction and technical support in identifying needs for automated solutions, based on a holistic view of the different value streams. This includes a good understanding of the feasibility and profitability of innovative technologies and optimization of existing production processes.
- Elaborates standardized solutions to answer production need across the globe including US and EU sites. Interact with the procurement to transform ides into real partnership with vendors and support the deployment of such solutions in the different plants
- Supports new equipment acquisition efforts including URS, machine selection, installation, validation, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
- Identify and recommend transformational process opportunities within and across sites with focus on automated solutions. Leads or participates in such projects.
- Provides direction and technical support in identifying continuous improvements to manufacturing operations and implementing new technologies including development of processes, researching current and emerging technologies and evaluating process quality, cost, capacity and capability alternatives.
- Develops process validation strategy for complex processes and supports engineering studies, process validation protocols and summary reports (IQ, OQ, PQ, CSV and TMV).
- Uses engineering judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented engineering problems.
- Responsible for ensuring all of the project's technological requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution.
- Responsible for recognizing project's Key Success Indicators and manage the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints
- Responsible for project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation
- Responsible for facilitating communication as appropriate to all involved and "manage" the stakeholders. This includes escalate issues to the next level of management
- Accountable for overall project success - including cost, schedule, quality, and scope management.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction / relationship both internal and external
- Provide regular communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information for projects including project status, resolving project issues, problems, and changes.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and/or customer personnel.
- Establish and maintain communications with both customer personnel and senior management or project teams.
Business Strategy and Direction
- Assist with business and/or contract negotiations
- Know and understand the strategic direction
- Provide regular updates to Business Unit on the execution of the strategy.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited institution / university in Mechanical, Electronic or Automation Engineering or a related technical degree.
- Master of Science Degree from an accredited institution / university in Mechanical, Electronic or Automation Engineering or a related technical degree.
- PhD in Engineering or related discipline.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Generally, requires minimum (>10) years related experience.
- Experience in automation technology or machine vision.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity with regard to the redesign of production processes.
- Demonstrates independent and systematic working.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities including confidence, personal engagement, tenacity & communication.
- Business fluent language skills in English.
- Multi-year experience in developing and implementing robust automated solutions.
- Previous experience working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.