Jabil Lewis Engineering is an AS9100 certified manufacturer of complex commercial, aerospace and defense products. We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer to assist the Quality Assurance function in providing technical support on issues affecting manufacturing, inspection, and industry/customer compliance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates, modifies, evaluates and documents programs for Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) and other equipment used in the inspection of manufactured components and assemblies.
- Prepare and complete manufacturing plans and technical documentation for functional review and approval
- Create, prepare, and complete First Article Inspection Reports per AS9102 and customer specific requirements
- Support production through product inspection and real time feedback (utilizing CMMs and other industry standard gauging)
- Works with manufacturing to trouble-shoot problems, upgrades, retrofits, set-ups, methods-development, and the development of inspection process parameters
- Collect/analyze data and generate technical reports and presentations
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to transfer customer design requirements into production planning (includes selection of inspection plans and gauging based on review of product design, dimensions and tolerances)
- Establish rapport and be Quality liaison between internal and external customers (including customer source inspectors and government source inspectors)
- Participates in process development meetings and may make recommendations to process design changes to enhance inspection, manufacturing and assembly.
- May develop SOP’s, operations and maintenance manuals.
- Experience in Blueprint Reading and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience in computer aided design/drafting software applications
- Experience in programming coordinate measuring machines (CMM)
- Working knowledge of AS9102 - Aerospace First Article Inspection Requirements
- Aerospace quality or engineering experience in AS9100 manufacturing environment
- Experience in selection and use of industry standard inspection equipment
- Must be detail oriented and possess technical manufacturing capabilities/knowledge
- Must possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and present technical information with clarity and precision
- Ability to work and multitask within tight timelines
Education & Experience Requirements
- Associate’s Degree in technical competency and two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
This position requires use of information which is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.