Assist Toolmaker and/or CNC Technician operating both manual and CNC equipment to manufacture gauges, work holding fixtures, dies, and tooling used in manufacturing.
Assist technicians to provided technical support of activities related to the improvement and development of current and new processes including process cost evaluation, quality and capability alternatives analyses, and process characterization.
Provides support to assigned manufacturing areas to meet the requirements for quality standards, compliant documentation, capacity, product availability and cost.
TECHNICIAN ASSISTANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to all company safety policies and procedures and other safety precautions within the work area.
- Engage with others in a positive and constructive manner that is conducive to good teamwork in a production environment.
- Work during assigned shift schedule and meet associated attendance requirements.
- Help maintain various dies, work holding fixtures and tooling used in production.
- Use of various types of measuring instruments including numerous types of gages, micrometers, calipers, comparators, and image vision measuring equipment to check accuracy of work performed.
- Provides day to day support and direction to production such as, but not limited to turning, milling, drilling, EDM, finishing, packaging etc. as required.
- Completion of documentation as required by the process.
- Perform preventive maintenance and 5S related tasks as it pertains to the assigned area including but not limited to maintaining coolant levels, emptying chip containers, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic written and verbal communication and basic computer skills.
- General math skills.
- Previous experience as a machinist preferred.
- CNC programming experience preferred.
- Work extra hours when required by business needs.
- Demonstrate ability to learn and develop consistency in results.
- Work in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals.
- Must be willing to support all production shifts.
- Work on feet 100% of time.
- Lift 5-25 pounds on a regular basis along with occasional heavy lifting over 50 pounds.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.