Under limited supervision, assists Engineers (or Senior Technician) in the development of test solutions and test solutions. The types of work performed include construction, debug and repair of custom PCBs, fixtures, test racks including hardware and software of low to medium complexity. Assists with test crisis support and conducts continuous improvement of core competencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supports the development of test solutions:
- Typically receives project-level direction from the project leader, or higher-level technician(s)
- Typically assists on test specifications and test solutions of low to medium complexity for several test processes including, but not limited to:
- In-Circuit test (ICT) and Manufacturing Defect Analyzer (MDA)
- Boundary Scan/ JTAG
- Board-level functional test
- System test
- Test solution development tasks are done according to budget and schedule commitments from the test solution quotes
- The tasks comprising a test solution development may include, but are not limited to, Design For Test (DFT), design, assembly, debug, validation, deployment, and emergency support of electrical hardware, mechanical hardware, optical hardware and software.
- Electrical hardware included in test solutions typically includes, but is not limited to:
- GPIB, USB and RS-232 controlled equipment
- PXI and LXI based test equipment
- Assists with procurement of approved shop supplies and materials required for projects.
- Organizes and maintains shop supplies, parts for projects, common shop tools and equipment. Maintains an inventory listing of higher value or log lead time shop supplies.
- Utilizes common shop tools in the process of buildings, repairing and maintaining test solutions that are being developed and department equipments.
- Assembles, wires, solders, debugs and repairs custom circuit boards, wire harnesses and assemblies of low to medium complexity.
- Assembles, wires, repairs custom functional and in-circuit test fixtures utilizing hand held tools, to include but not limited to: wire wrap tools, soldering irons, crimp tools.
- Utilizes common diagnostic and electronic tools, and instruments, Oscilloscopes, Analyzers, DMMs, etc…, to perform tester debug and validation
- Performs inspection of test fixtures to ensure compliance with Jabil fixture specifications. Reports discrepancies and works with fixture vendors to satisfactorily resolve those discrepancies.
- Performs preventive maintenance on department owned test equipment. Maintains the PM and calibration logs.
- Utilizes common computer based software products to update documentation packages such as visual aids, BOMs, validation data, and other tester documents. Software packages include but are not limited to: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, Paint, Visio
- Updates red-lined drawings and schematics utilizing OrCad, AutoCad or other software tools.
- Utilizes debug modes in tester software to perform debug/validation of test solutions. Able to understand software flow and make minor modifications to scripts. Software and compilers typically includes, but is not limited to:
- LabWindows/CVI, LabView and TestStand
- C#, ANSI C and Visual C++
- Visual Basic
- Assembly for Motorola and Intel microcontrollers and microprocessors
- HTML, PERL, ASP and custom scripting languages.
- Software for Agilent 3070, GenRad ICT and other MDA platforms
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Test Development Manager/Technical Program Manager/Project Engineer/Senior Test Development Engineer/Test Development Engineer/Lead Test Development Technician.
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Knowledge of Test Development areas including structural and functional test, and understands Manufacturing Test Specifications.
- Demonstrated hands-on practical knowledge in a test development environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency and high quality workmanship in tester manufacturing, PCBA assembly, wiring, and other tester fabrication tasks.
- Understanding of relevant industry standards and specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide innovative manufacturing test solutions.
- Ability to write and to contribute to presentations representing Test Development to other Jabil groups, external customers, and technology peer groups in the industry.
- Must maintain up-to-date knowledge in deployable test technologies as a continuous improvement of core competency.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associates Diploma required in an engineering discipline from a college or university related to a technology field
- Minimum 3 years experience in a test development environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.