(Please describe in 2 - 4 sentences, the major duties and responsibilities of this position.)
The Program Manager manages all phases of projects from initiating through to closing, ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget, and within scope. Responsible for the pricing, schedule, and technical performance of programs or subsystems of major programs. Manages the overall manufacturing effort of the facility through the coordination and management of manufacturing, human resources, quality assurance, and continuous improvement for the location in support of the overall company objectives. Makes final decisions on issues relating to the project and ensures the program achievement of objectives.
Key Responsibilities and End Results: (Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following):
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from various departments. Reviews status reports prepared by project team, modifies schedules or plans as required and escalates issues to management as required. Acts as advisor to program team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms / conditions of contract.
- Assists with program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Determine customer requirements and negotiate price with vendors for tools, equipment and services.
- Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer.
- May participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- Provides engineering support to sales for presentations to help sell manufacturing capabilities.
- May establish design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Establish milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, which may facilitate programs across plant resources and regional PMO’s to meet master plans and schedules.
- Identifies program problems and develops solutions, such as allocation of resources, schedule changes or changing contractual specifications.
- Coordinates mould design process, assembly development and supply chain requirements by holding design reviews and weekly project status meetings.
- Acts as main communication interface providing timely and accurate information and status updates between company, customers and vendors for new programs.
- Develops and/or assists with the development of flowcharts, Gantt charts and other project report mechanisms as needed.
- Manages and coordinates program continuous quality improvement and cost reduction efforts and teams by assisting and / or developing and leading the QBR process as appropriate.
- Develops overall cost improvement strategies for programs within area of responsibility.
- Constantly seeks to improve work processes; Has a quality-first mentality; Learns from internal and external best practices to apply to her/his work
- Supports all company Lean Manufacturing principles
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for assignment of project personnel in conjunction with senior staff members.
- Travel as required to support programs, equipment buy-offs and/or training at vendor/customer sites.
- Works with GBU Team to improve all customer satisfaction measurements including NPS score.
- Helps drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Supports all company quality programs and initiatives.
- Timeliness in addressing Quality System Requirements.
- Principles of data integrity must be strictly adhered to.
- All activities to be performed in strict accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Must take personal accountability for your own safety. Support culture of safety management through compliance with all safety policies, safety observation reporting and proactive involvement in Jabil AIM and Safety First programmes.
- 100% Compliance on Monthly Safety Procedures Training. on Monthly Safety Procedures Training
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and practices in areas such as safety and all regulatory compliance.
- Role model and promote the organisations Values and Behaviours.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
Job Specifications : The minimum education and experience required to perform this job competently.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical or plastics engineering or related discipline with 6+ years of experience.
- Master’s Degree in mechanical or plastics engineering related discipline with 4-6 years of experience.
- ASQ Black Belt preferable.
- Project Management experience.
- Exceptional organisational, leadership and communication skills.
- Customer focused, motivated, enthusiastic, self-directed and results driven leader.
- Knowledge of lean continuous improvement techniques including statistics & DOE.
- Knowledge of polymer materials and injection moulding processing preferable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.