Lead and guide the workcell QE section in operating with a high level of efficiency, integrity and enthusiasm, striving to achieve excellence in all endeavors. Be creative and proactive, focusing on continuous improvement. Create an environment that is culturally embedded in a "Quality First" mentality in the workcell. Liaise with customer on all quality related issues together with the workcell functional team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Recruit and maintain high-caliber work force for QA function for the workcell.
· Work with all levels in the workcell and supporting functions to improve product quality performance with ultimate goal of Zero Defect. Ensure all levels of the organization focused on providing the customer with defect-free product and customer satisfaction.
· Drive to conclusion all action items assigned to the workcell and team members and other supporting functions.
· Develop, motivate and lead all team members to perform to their full potential, providing direct and timely feedback in formal and informal media, on all issue pertaining to product quality.
· Monitor and evaluate the level of QEs’ involvement and success on all activities pertaining to product quality improvement; and their contribution towards the continuous improvement of process yields and efficiencies.
· Provide support to all functions to ensure that appropriate corrective and preventive measures are taken and implemented on a timely basis.
· Evaluate and schedule training programs and/or seminar for the Quality Engineering team and other functions that required the appropriate knowledge for product quality improvement.
· Ensure plant wide ESD Controls and Product Regulatory requirements are established and maintained.
· Maintain positive employee relations with encouragement of Jabil’s open-door policy, suggestion box, participation in status and team meetings, and interactive one-on-one communication.
· Ensure the responsibility and accountability are very clear; communicate calmly, but clearly, on areas that need improvement. Instill a continuous improvement mentality in all functions within the workcell.
· Review all relevant policies and procedures with direct reports and within the workcell (related to product quality) regarding the specific application to their assignments. Ensure each individual comprehend, as well as providing them ongoing support to ensure compliance.
· Foster good morale, a proactive and positive culture, and maximize the opportunity for personal growth within the workcell QA Team.
· Able to lead and coach all Quality Engineering personnel to enable independence and ownership of their efforts.
· Develop, motivate and challenge all team members to perform to their fullest potential, providing direct and timely feedback in either a formal and informal media.
· Prepare periodic performance reviews of all direct reports. Recommend salary increases and changes in job status as appropriate.
· Create a sense of pride and ownership that strive to be the best in workcell execution and performance.
· Provide and maintain a safe work environment for all employees and visitors.
· To extend support to other workcell or functions, upon request from QA Manager and/or senior management, whenever needs arise, for the benefit of the company.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Extensive knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Advanced financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Advanced knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Persuasive communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline.
· At least 5 years of working experience in the Quality related field.
· Proficient and knowledgeable in all areas related to the QA function.
· Able to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written media.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.