This DFx Engineer candidate has high-level assembly manufacturing experience developing and implementing processes including manual assembly, assembly of plastic, sheet metal, die-cast, PCBA’s, adhesives, etc. The candidate also has a wide-ranging base of PCBA manufacturing experience developing and implementing processes including SMT, PTH, wave solder, box build, stencil design, thermal profiling, etc. Capable of troubleshooting and helping to resolve manufacturing process issues. This role begins to shift the mindset from fixing issues with the process, too early engagement with design to drive improvements in the manufacturability and cost of a new design. The role also focuses on highlighting manufacturing risk areas to the factory and helping to communicate and coaching a work cell on mitigating the risk areas if needed.
The primary activity of a manufacturing DFx engineer is to execute high-level assembly DFx reviews for review by next-level engineering. May have a defined area of expertise either in a competency or industry that contributes to the DFx team. Can effectively communicate solutions to other manufacturing engineers. Capable of being involved in a cross-functional team. They will be able to provide input into cross-functional project teams solving technical problems; while reducing the impact of project
timelines. Will have previous experience of releasing a product into a manufacturing production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively present information and respond to questions internally;
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Able to read and understand visual aids/work instructions;
- Participate in technical customer discussions/meetings;
- Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules;
- Is expected to support the development and utilization of processes for design/manufacturing;
- Participate in all elements of design engineering including design reviews and design verification;
- May provide onsite technical support manufacturing builds as requested;
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost-effective;
- Gather quality data to support identify systemically or trending quality issues that lead to DFx findings supported by data and found
- in similar products;
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages or equivalent;
- Read and understand visual aids/work instructions;
- Broad base of PCBA manufacturing experience developing and implementing processes including SMT, PTH, wave solder, box;
- build, stencil design, thermal profiling, materials, cleaning processes, cleanliness requirements etc.;
- Knowledge of Valor Trilogy or ability to learn the software or NPI software;
- Raw PCB fabrication knowledge (stack-ups, materials, processes, documentation requirements, etc...);
- Has a general knowledge of DFx concepts for test, manufacturability, and assembly;
- Working Knowledge of Design Profit or Boothroyd DFMA or equivalent software;
- Working Knowledge of PTC Creo or Solidworks or equivalent 3D MCAD software;
- Has deep knowledge in a process;
- Technical knowledge of data requirements and data recognition;
- Has a working knowledge of IPC610.XX (Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies) and other industry standards;
- Ability to interpret an electronic schematic;
- Basic knowledge of PCBA repair;
- Working knowledge of PCBA manufacturing and support equipment/tools (thermal profiling, etc) Working knowledge of design requirements and guidelines;
- Working knowledge of common manufacturing issues;
- Ability to recognize the difference between a process and a design issue;
- Ability to maximize array utilization for fabrication house production panel;
- Working knowledge of bill of materials and manufacturing documentation;
- Influence others and share best practices;
- Effectively communicate with a good understanding of English;
- Work as part of a global team;
- Participates in cross-functional design reviews.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university;
- Plus a minimum of 5 years in all processes of PCBA manufacturing. Including but not limited to thermal profiling (reflow and
- solder wave), solder paste printing, rework/repair, HLA, depaneling;
- Specific requirements as defined by the market sector;
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.