Responsible for the mechanical assembly, finishing and testing of manufactured goods. Typically requires a minimum 1 - 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Regular attendance is required to be successful in this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Setup and operate equipment required to produce and inspect parts.
- Regularly performs intricate removal of small quantities of metal and/or finishing with hand or tool applicators to produce a proper fit between parts.
- Occasionally performs basic level mechanical assembly according to knowledge of unit being assembled or following blueprints and/or documented processes.
- Occasionally performs installation and/or fastening of parts together with using bolts, screws, rivets, or other fasteners.
- Occasionally works in Class 1,000 and/or 10,000 clean room environments.
- Perform duties as directed by supervisor or manager.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Maintain current with industry standards, equipment and process improvements.
Minimum 1 years experience as a mechanical assembler. Must have basic knowledge and ability in interpreting engineering drawings and following assembly and finishing processes.
A basic level of proficiency with various hardware and assembly materials and tools is a must. Basic knowledge of mechanical instruments and inspection instruments is preferred.
Good manual dexterity and ability to use a variety of small hand tools.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, comprehend and interpret basic written instructions and drawings. Ability to effectively communicate information to supervisors, and managers.
Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with basic problems, involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to differentiate situations that require requesting supervisory help from basic problems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work will be performed in a machine shop environment. Employees are expected to observe safe working practices and wear appropriate protective equipment. Any unsafe working conditions or necessary modifications must be reported immediately.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.