Under minimal supervision, responsible for setting up and operating manufacturing equipment for Jabil manufacturing product. Also, provide advanced knowledge and support within one or more manufacturing/finishing/inspection/packaging areas.
Overall responsibilities also include:
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Performs high-level training of co-workers in new or improved techniques in all assigned areas.
- Understands and communicates/trains co-workers on quality requirements.
- Ensures appropriate documentation/process sheets are available at workstations.
- Communicate and train intricacies of machines, including set up, off sets and troubleshooting methods.
- Communicate issues arising from daily builds that should be reviewed by a supervisor or engineer and being able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Interfaces regularly with production, quality, and engineering to resolve quality issues and to give and receive information.
- Works in any other areas of manufacturing as needed and performs other related administrative duties as required.
- Communicates effectively and positively within and between departments.
- Performs special assignments and other related duties when required by Supervisor.
- Prepares necessary documentation and ensures paperwork compliance on all items.
- Works from inspection documentation, specifications, blueprints, written and verbal
- Develop and demonstrate effective instructor competencies.
- Complete all assigned tasks timely and in a superior quality manner.
- Operate machines when training is not conducted.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one’s job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience relevant to assigned specialty function preferably within the Medical Device Industry with an understanding of machined partswith close tolerances and complex geometry.
- Have a working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and the interpretation of engineering drawings is preferred.
- Must have an understanding of which measurement and test equipment tools are appropriate for various tasks.
- Trainer Certificate and/or Trainer Leadership Certificate preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems, preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft PC applications, preferred.
- Passion for educating new and existing operators through asking and answering questions to stimulate critical thinking and to draw out ideas and underlying presuppositions.
- Ability to read and interpret measuring instruments, including but not limited to: calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, optical comparators, plug gauges, hardness testers, etc.
- Good math skills, color verification and good hand/eye coordination.
- Ability to communicate and work with various functional groups in a team
- Ability to learn PC applications required.
- Lifting weight up to 20 pounds on regular basis and up to 50 pounds on occasional
- Must be able to stand for scheduled work hours, if necessary.
- High level of concentration and attention to detail required ensuring products are compliant according to internal quality requirements.
The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is $13.02 - $18.88 - $24.73. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.