Direct Quality and FA Engineers Worldwide for Cisco Workcell Staff in operating within area of assigned responsibilities with a high level of efficiency, integrity and enthusiasm, striving to achieve excellence in all endeavors. Represent the quality function of technical support, in conjunction with other internal support groups with all Worldwide JCI Workcell Members, regarding issues affecting, Quality, lean manufacturing, and six sigma quality initiatives on global customer accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· JACS experience is required.
· Experience with integration and implementation of MES processes and tools/systems
· Specific experience with implementation and use of RAD (Real time alerting DPMO software) is highly desirable
· Familiarity with various triggering systems (i.e. DPMO, DPM, 3/5 rule etc..)
· Detailed project planning skills
· Experience with process mapping/improvement and requirements definition and analysis
· Experience with definition and documentation of business requirements and system specification
· Consulting skills with emphasis on customer acceptance, training, and partnering
· Ability to lead team and interact with all levels of management in a matrixed and political environment
· Team player and flexibility to deal with ongoing change and customer resistance
· Technical savvy and knowledge of both IT applications and enterprise IT Infrastructure and Operations (Mfg, software and hardware)
· Guide part selection for new components and products and new component qualification.
· Review and analyze field and manufacturing line component failures, and corrective actions; feedback to engineering and Cisco NPIE; generate pareto and trend charts; drive corrective actions.
· Coordinate and generate failure analysis and corrective action reports for component issues.
· Review and guide component reliability testing, provide technical assistance in the testing and checking of assigned parts specialized fields such as physical, functional and environmental testing.
· Work with quality, production, manufacturing, Cisco NPIE’s, suppliers and subcontractors to discuss and resolve quality aspects of specialized parts, materials and assemblies.
· Jabil DPM expectations are clearly communicated to the supply base
· Communicate changes in Jabil DPM expectations on a timely basis
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the Worldwide plant quality and functional management departments, associated with new quality initiatives (process control tools)
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Prepare and present customer presentations related to quality improvement initiatives.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement Quality Engineering strategies, which contribute to the campus strategic directions.
· Provide regular updates to Quality Engineering Manager on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to Test Engineering Manager & workcell manager on cost and cost trends.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Review all supplier discrepancies. Coordinate and track the corrective/preventative action effort.
· Participate in the vendor survey activities as applicable. Drive proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
· Interface and provide technical support on component quality issues with the customer as needed.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
Bachelor’s degree preferred; and one to two years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Travel required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.