As DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for the system environments and deployments of our business-critical Shopfloor applications used in the EMS division of Jabil. You will also have the opportunity to actively shape the DevOps area and participate in defining standards and best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will architect, implement, and train development teams on new CI/CD tools and processes
- Build and manage software delivery, systems integration, and developer support tools
- Take ownership of services provisioning on PaaS/IaaS Configure management tools to automate systems and processes
- Provides expertise regarding the integration, security, and scalability of web applications
- Conducts performance tuning, load testing, and optimization of information/data processing, maintenance, and support of the production environments
- Work with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Monitor system health, performance, and capacity
- Ensure build quality by integrating with automated tests and code analysis
- Work collaboratively with Product/Project Managers, Infrastructure Engineers, Architects, and other cross-functional teams to deliver quality support and service
- Document procedures, architectural designs
- Participate in on-call rotation, which includes 24×7 support of multiple complicated environments
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management.
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of industry experience including 3 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer in Linux/Windows environments
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration and writing Bash scripts
- Good experience with docker orchestration/containerization using Kubernetes
- Experience in cloud environments in automating, configuring, and deploying instances on Azure/AWS
- Experience in using configuration management tools like CloudFormation, Ansible, Terraform
- Experience in designing and maintaining cloud-based DevOps solution with Azure/AWS
- Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines across cloud and hybrid environments.
- Delivery concepts and tools such as Github, Jenkins, Octopus or comparable tools
- Working knowledge of web and application servers management and configuration (e.g. F5 and HAProxy Load Balancers)
- Experience with build automation and configuration management tools
- Advanced Knowledge of Azure and/or AWS technologies
- Understanding when and why to use admin vs. dev solutions
- Experience in Infrastructure planning and Security planning
- Experience in end-to-end ownership of applications, from inception through post-deployment support and iterative enhancement
- Familiarity with agile development practices, particularly sprint planning and estimation
- Advanced understanding of CDNs, load balancing, DNS, proxying and networking (ELB/ALB, S3, Route53, VPCs, EC2, CloudFront, CloudWatch, and other AWS services)
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.